Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of the bobble head effect I was getting at highway speeds in heavy traffic so I raised my windscreen. I cut two pieces of 1/2" x 1/8" aluminum flat stock to length. I attached the bottom of the aluminum piece to the bottom hole of the windscreen bracket with a 1/4" aluminum binding post. I then drilled the holes needed to attach the windscreen. The button head screw that attaches the bottom of the windscreen to the bracket is slightly longer than stock to accommodate the extra 1/8" aluminum piece. The top button head screws fastens the top of the windscreen to the aluminum extension. When drilling the holes I clamped both pieces together and then painted them satin black after rounding the ends.

It eliminated 95% of the bobble head effect. It doesn't put my head in exceptionally clean air, but I didn't spend the bucks on a new windscreen either. Besides, one of the things I like about the V is it's sports car characteristics. If I wanted a smooth touring bike I would have gotten a Goldwing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's a great idea! I notice that you have your windshield up side down. Did that have any impact on the wind? I'm not terribly worried about the bobble head effect (my wife says my head isn't too well attached as it is) but I am interested if you noticed any lower wind noise. That's the part that's I'm trying to achieve - to make it quieter on the highway.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great Job!

Lanesplitter,

:thumb:Thats a great job! I had thought of the same mod, but being all thumbs I didn't have the nerve to attempt to make that myself. Would you mind if Speedy used your idea and made some windshield extenders for those of us who are not so mechanically inclined? :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would you mind if Speedy used your idea and made some windshield extenders for those of us who are not so mechanically inclined?
Feel free. Someone like Speedy could knock these out in no time!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just did this mod today! Great idea! It's still loud, but the buffeting is much better. The sound is no biggie for me, as I wear ear plugs. It also looks sweet, so all the better.

B-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts