Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello bikers.

I have ver1 versys and want to update ver1 windshield stays for ver3 since it is bigger and stronger. I have made custom windscreen, I want to reinforce the screen stays.

My question is - does anybody know if I can fit ver3 stays on ver1 bike? I have measured mount holes that mounts on the frame for ver1 stays - it is 3 centimeters. I have no info on ver3 mounts. If you can help on this in any way, that would be great.

Thanks anyway.

Bumper Automotive exterior Tool Auto part Machine

· Registered
276 Posts
I really don't know, I think that you can only try...

If it can help, I made some adapters to mine to install a cheap bigger windshield from aliexpress.
Hey are made of stainless steel, see the picture:

View attachment 190679

· Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. My screen looks like this.

Cloud Sky Plant Building Grass

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

Looks terrible, but works. V3 stays are lo ger on the screen side, that why I'm asking.

Seems like we have no answer. Maybe I will do some custom brackets.

· Registered
276 Posts
I think that you can paint of black the brackets you made (I'll do) and then you can see for a nicer windshield to adapt 😉👍

· Registered
276 Posts
Isee...
You could use 1.5/2 mm thick aluminum or stainless steel bar instead of the thin angular one and make something like this in the needed height
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gauge Hood

· Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is what I think I might fo with:

Hand tool Automotive tire Tool Gas Wood

Basically, 2 90 degree pieces. Red is mounted on standard stays. Blue mounts to windscreen. Green are bolts and nuts. Blue can slide along red piece taking in count bolts length. That can give me as much adjustability as I want. Any ideas / suggestions?

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
842 Posts
@DmitryS
This is how my aftermarket shield is set up on my 2019. Maybe it ill give you ideas. Questions if you need
#1 is the mount on the shield
#2 is how the hardware is assembled
#3 assembled hardware
#4 hardware unassembled
#5 hardware installed before final nut installed
#6 typical knob, can be male or female found at hardware stores

Attachments

· Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Axel, thank you so much. I will probably need some parts like on 6.jpg, otherwise will do all from scratch or from crap metal. Will see how prices go. We had no metal factories left here in Ukraine because of those invaders, so metal costs here a fortune. I wanted to reuse v3 brackets for that reason, but they have 13 cm of movement for the screen. If I can use all of it, that's good. Do you know how much you can move your screen on v3?

· Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have an experience of building adjustable screen brackets, I did it on my previous bike. It worked despite originally it was naked. Now I know I don't need angle adjustability, so height only.
So I have 3 options, from easiest to hardest:
1. Do it all from scrap, looks terrible, but cheap and works.
2. Buy used v3 stays and add screen plate as sliding part.
3. Do full custom metal laser cut and bending, nice but costly

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
842 Posts
Axel, thank you so much. I will probably need some parts like on 6.jpg, otherwise will do all from scratch or from crap metal. Will see how prices go. We had no metal factories left here in Ukraine because of those invaders, so metal costs here a fortune. I wanted to reuse v3 brackets for that reason, but they have 13 cm of movement for the screen. If I can use all of it, that's good. Do you know how much you can move your screen on v3?
I have about 5.7 cm of movement

1 - 20 of 32 Posts