Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I'm guessing is the stock tinted windscreen on my 2008 versys.
It sends the wind at my neck and chin. It sends so much wind that it snapped my face shield shut when I first hit about 50 mph. This is fine in the summer but by October this will not do. I've added spacers to the top screws in the windscreen to try and increase the angle and send the wind over my head. Am I wasting my time with this approach ? If I am, what windscreen should I get ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
This shield is working great for me, cuts through the wind, leaves me with no bobble/turbulence on the helmet.

Givi
Overall height: 17.75" (7.1" taller than stock)
Overall width: 19.7" (7.7" wider than stock)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Windscreen size and angle is a very personal thing.

IMO, try the MadStad. I find the stock V screen very comfy (I'm super-short), but m'boy tried a couple of screens on his Strom before deciding that the optimal arrangement was stock screen + MadStad; it let him adjust height and angle to suit himself.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Play with different angles before you buy something. I haven't see any single screen work for everybody. May as well try some free mods before you start buying screens to find the right one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That Givi looks a little small, looks almost the same that the original. For example, I'm 6.1" and need a larger one, that's why I bought a CalSci, maybe is not the best good looking windshield but works good...you have it in different sizes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's not the tallest bike I've had, and it's not as fat as my hubby's Strom, which is no problem to ride. Being short, I got used to shifting a cheek to put a foot down on any bike. A bike is perfectly stable like that; I hold it in place with the rear brake, and I think it's actually more stable leaned over to the left than it is straight up and down, where it wants to wobble from one side to the other. So seat height isn't a deal-killer (or even too much of a consideration) on a bike.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This shield is working great for me, cuts through the wind, leaves me with no bobble/turbulence on the helmet.

Givi
Overall height: 17.75" (7.1" taller than stock)
Overall width: 19.7" (7.7" wider than stock)

How tall are you, Jake?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The angle change made a big difference.. now the air goes over my helmet.. my shoulders still get buffeting.. but I'm basically happy. I'll see how I feel in November..

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've added spacers to the top screws in the windscreen to try and increase the angle and send the wind over my head.

After I installed the madstad bracket, I got the best results by aiming the top of the windsceen at the top of my helmet. So you might have better results by putting the spacers on the bottom screws instead of the top. :goodluck:

·
Registered
739 Posts
+1 on the Madstad bracket.

It allows a lot of stepless adjustment for height and angle. I think it will allow you to find a position that works very easily, without spending a lot of time mucking with different spacers or a lot of money going through windshields that seemingly don't work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts