Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't these guys just go to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator in some drive through wedding chapel and save the British taxpayers billions of pounds.

This would also save me the grief, as an occasional TV viewer, from being inundated by sickening ads. I can't seem to turn on my TV without seeing ads for replica rings with authentic emerald like gemstone, available for 4 easy payments of $39.99, ads for limited edition commemorative dinner plates, and ads for coins from the Franklin Mint that are apparently legal tender is Liberia. Who buys this stuff?

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
I feel sorry for the british tax payer who get stuck paying for the garbage. At least we elect our idiots to support for awhile.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I just sorta think it's sad that our country gets so wrapped up in it!
With all due respect to our British cousins and the pride they have in there tradition...It's their tradition, not ours....more proof that we are only the smartest monkey.

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
I just sorta think it's sad that our country gets so wrapped up in it!
With all due respect to our British cousins and the pride they have in there tradition...It's their tradition, not ours....more proof that we are only the smartest monkey.

Well said dear sir, and we got some smart monkey's on this side of the planet too.:(

:cheers:

·
Registered
246 Posts
More of a distraction if you ask me. The Royals are now celebrities. They make no decisions on a world level and haven't for a really long time. Is it any different than Charlie Sheen, Britney Spears, or any flavor-of-the-day celebrity crap that is thrust on us hourly? I'm sick of it. Big money? You bet. I'm beginning to think it's all a big well oiled distraction. All smoke and mirrors. Seems anything and everything is thrown at the common man so we don't have time to notice just how inept our leaders are and how they are selling the farm out beneath us. If we're too occupied with superficial nonsense, how are we ever going to notice what's really happening right under own noses. Yup, lots of money to keep the masses complacent. Yeah, cynical view, but I have no faith in the leaders. They'd sell their own mothers if it would profit them. They're without souls. I only have faith in the Creator and I bet He's awful busy keeping things in check these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts