Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the large Parabellum on my '09. I notice the mount brackets flex a fair bit when I move the top of the shield back and forth. I am wondering what the changes are of the backets breaking.

Is there a stronger, aftermarket bracket made for the V? Has anyone fab'ed up a stronger backets?

thanks in advance
Brian

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
I had a Parabellum Tall for awhile and noticed alittle flex but rode through a lot of high winds without any issues.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've been thinking about trying a Parabellum on my 09. Right now I have the Nationa Cycle V Stream and it's an improvement over the stock shield, but I want something taller.

How do you like it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been thinking about trying a Parabellum on my 09. Right now I have the Nationa Cycle V Stream and it's an improvement over the stock shield, but I want something taller.

How do you like it?
I have had the Parabellum for about a month. Mounted it in the lowest position when first got it and went on a 800km trip at speeds of 110-120 kph. I seemed to be getting buffeting around my head and shoulders. So I was thinking I would go back to the GIVI scene that I also have. BTW I am 6'1" with 32" inseam.

Today I mounted it in the highest position and I cut a piece of foam in a curve to fit between the bottom of the shield and the cowl. And went on a 300km ride at the same speed as before. It work very well now with almost no buffeting and tall enough that I can just see over it by about 2 inches. I stopped and took the foam out and rode a ways but there was buffeting so i stopped and put the foam back in. No buffeting.

So yes I would recommend the Parabellum with the modification to block the wind coming in from the bottom.

Hope this helps.
Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts