Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
MK3 Versys 650
47 Posts
I sold my last MKII 650 with 136,000kms on the clock. For a while I was using Chevron Delo synthetic oil that I could get at Costco in Mexico, but after they stopped selling it I started using Autozone Mexico's store brand synthetic for European cars, 5W-40, made by Warren Distribution (Seems to be the same oil as Amazon's 5W-40 according to the guys as BITOG). For every single oil change I used Bosch 3300 filters. It was far more convenient and cheaper just getting everything at Autozone, I could go there on a Sunday and get oil and filters; motorcycle stores in Mexico only work half day on Saturdays and are closed on Sundays.

There were no traces of sludge in the head when I did the valves and it was still on the original clutch when I sold it. I used the same oil on all of my bikes but none had as many kms on the clock as that V650, needless to say I never had an oil related problem.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
There was another thread on this subject. It is a bit confusing to me. Don't motorbikes need a frictions additive in the oil for the clutch work?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts