Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a shock from an 05 R1, will it fit on my 2011 V? From what I've read the best year model's are 07/08. Is there any years that will NOT fit?

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts

I used back the original spring as the R1 spring was a little soft on clearance of the battery holder. Very smooth response and on the years of R1 Ohlin that will fit the versys, not very sure. :goodluck:

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
I'm looking at a shock from an 05 R1, will it fit on my 2011 V? From what I've read the best year model's are 07/08. Is there any years that will NOT fit?
MANY years will NOT fit, so it's important to get the right one.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MANY years will NOT fit, so it's important to get the right one.
That's what I heard................So WHO knows which years? I don't want to get one that is the WRONG one. HELP!?

·
Registered
720 Posts
As stated in your other thread, stick to 07/08, and only get an 06 if you have no other options left. Ignore the rest of other years.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do the R1 shocks fit when you have a lowering kit?
yes it will fit so as long as the mounting eyelet is enlarged to take in kawasaki's mounting bolt. however i would highly recommend cutting a portion of the side cover panel as the reservoir on the shock would surely hit it.

that being said, i noticed that my versys seat is also lowered slightly, albeit not as much as what a lowering kit could do, after installing the R1 shock with a softer-than-stock spring.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Here's a pic of the area you need to cut back, but go a little further than you THINK you need, because it WILL break off the rear-most plastic mounting bit (held w/ a Philips head capscrew) if/ when you hit a big enough pothole...!

:goodluck:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts