Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How have people adapted for the wider xring chains rubbing on the muffler? I assume the stock is no rubber ring at all, and the clearance is very tight. Maybe a good chain adjusted will be fine, but I've always run them a little loose than tight.

My muffler end cap weld was knocked loose when I got mine, so maybe the exhaust is bent or needs to be loosened/realigned. I've seen some posts about the chain rubbing on the end of the muffler before - ??

Thanks!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Hey Kawdog, If you need it i have an alignment tool you can use.......

IMG_1728 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Kawdog, If you need it i have an alignment tool you can use.......

IMG_1728 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Use what? Links, links, I need more links!
(or a product name anyway)

Yeah I need a way to align it. I've been lazy on this motorcycle so far. My mechanic said its dragging on the centerstand, but I know when I run my wheel backwards cleaning and lubing it, it drags the rear muffler. It may be doing both, so like Invader said, it may be loose and mis aligned both. Anyway, it's shot now so I need to be more vigilant from now on and get a real HD (light) chain that lasts a long long time, and maybe clean and lube every day if I need to. It's only 5 minutes and a squat on my work seat.

It looks like its between the MVXZ EK chain Gigett mentioned or the EK ZZZ chain: probably the MVXZ (and maybe a more reputable dealer than last-chance ebay - who knows what kind of defective lot you are buying from)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
How have people adapted for the wider xring chains rubbing on the muffler?....
They DON'T. There's probably AT LEAST 1/4" clearance between the side-plates and muffler on BIG RED.

...I assume the stock is no rubber ring at all, and the clearance is very tight....
NOPE. Stock chain IS an O-ring one.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
How have people adapted for the wider xring chains rubbing on the muffler? I assume the stock is no rubber ring at all, and the clearance is very tight. Maybe a good chain adjusted will be fine, but I've always run them a little loose than tight.

My muffler end cap weld was knocked loose when I got mine, so maybe the exhaust is bent or needs to be loosened/realigned. I've seen some posts about the chain rubbing on the end of the muffler before - ??

Thanks!:grin2:

:confused:

LOP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts