1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have them on mine and like them very much.
They are not longer than the OEM pegs, but are wider and can be installed in 2 positions (high or low).
I placed them in the low position (in addition to Motowerk's peg lowering kit). I find it quite comfortable.
Are these expensive? Yes ... especially if you're on this side of the border with Canuck funds.
Would I do it again? I certainly would. For me, these enhance the comfort of my 2015 Versys 650 ABS quite a bit. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
the sw motech footpegs are great. i installed them on 3 of my bikes. not yet on Versys 650; i am not sure if I will as use the bike for small adventure trips, not for long touring. the bigger footpegs increase comfort, but they also restrict your ability to maneuver. and usually, you install them in the lowest position, unless one's legs are really short...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
... the bigger footpegs increase comfort, but they also restrict your ability to maneuver...
a mystery then, i wonder why rally, enduro, and off pavement riders in general all run the big wide footrests. if they couldn't maneuver their motos, seems they wouldn't want them mounted.

personally, i want the big footrests, on or off pavement, no problems maneuvering for me.

·
Super Moderator
19,777 Posts
I run E-BAY Chinese DR650 'pegs on BOTH my V650s.

DSC09210 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC09212 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Rather than try to "open up" the mounting holes to 12mm (.394"), I just bought 3/8" x 2" SAE bolts, .375". NEVER an issue during OVER 100,000 MILES using these 'pegs.

DSC05965 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts