Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pms

You suffer from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, me too. I live in Newfoundland, Canada. Many of the ponds are still frozen here. I was out yesterday on my V and had to turn around after two hours as it was so cold, -2 Celcius in my area. Even with my new Olympia jacket, heated grips ect, it was still too cold to enjoy it. Lots of snow on the sides of the road. Glad I am leaving for Jamacia in a week or so, I hope when I return, riding season will really be started.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am totally PMS'ing with you guys. Still have about two feet of snow on the ground and four foot snowdrifts in front of our house. More snow predicted for Saturday. Ugh!!! Rob, I hope your trip to Jamaica goes well. I look at the snow here and would meet you down there in a heartbeat if I didnt have to work tomorrow. :(

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Nothing but flat and straight roads but I can ride all year long. Ahhhhh Florida...

·
Registered
27 Posts
PMS in Colorado

Snowy here too! The ski resorts actually closed last weekend then decided to re-open they've gotten so much snow.

Another 4-6" forecasted for today in the Denver area.:censored:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Nothing but flat and straight roads but I can ride all year long. Ahhhhh Florida...
I heard that you just can't reason w/ hurricane season.
Took a road trip to the end of A1A in July ONCE.
And then you get the snowbirds & people who want to drive on the wrong side of the road:cool:

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
You suffer from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, me too. I live in Newfoundland, Canada. Many of the ponds are still frozen here. I was out yesterday on my V and had to turn around after two hours as it was so cold, -2 Celcius in my area. Even with my new Olympia jacket, heated grips ect, it was still too cold to enjoy it. Lots of snow on the sides of the road. Glad I am leaving for Jamacia in a week or so, I hope when I return, riding season will really be started.
I am totally PMS'ing with you guys. Still have about two feet of snow on the ground and four foot snowdrifts in front of our house. More snow predicted for Saturday. Ugh!!! Rob, I hope your trip to Jamaica goes well. I look at the snow here and would meet you down there in a heartbeat if I didnt have to work tomorrow. :(
Living up here in Canada's a ROYAL b!tch.... Here in the Okanagan I can ONLY ride an hour or so, then I HAVE to turn my heated jacket to OFF, then what can you do? You start sweating and everything....;)

:stickpoke:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snowy here too! The ski resorts actually closed last weekend then decided to re-open they've gotten so much snow.

Another 4-6" forecasted for today in the Denver area.:censored:
We got it relatively easy in Red River country vs the western part of the state. Some places near Bismarck got nearly two feet in the last storm. Of course, once everything does melt, we're looking at another possible record flood level. Hooray for spring.

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
We're now getting a large low pressure system from Texas, with snow, ice pellets and freezing rain... Pretty cool stuff indeed.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
It has been said that the weather is the number one thing that affects everything! Including ecomonics. I would have to agree. :eek:

We might be in for a hell of a ride? :confused: Or not? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
After Thursday I thought things were looking up here. Highs in the 80's sunny but very windy, of course I had to work and then had things I needed the cage for so couldn't ride. Yesterday was colder and wet today...freezing and mixed rain/flurries over night. WHERE the heck IS spring?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aaand more snow. I really shouldn't complain; we're supposed to get less than an inch, while MSP got ~6" over the weekend, and areas near Duluth came up with nearly two feet in places the week before (assuming I'm not messing up the timeline). But what's harder to take than the crystalline precipitation is the temperature. We are now well past the previously standing record for the latest appearance of a 50F day since recordkeeping began sometime in the late 1800s. I try not to complain about the weather, particularly in spring. It's our most volatile time of the year on the northern plains, and said weather can do pretty much whatever the bloody hell it wants until mid-May. But while it hasn't been a particularly difficult winter, damned if it hasn't been long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts