Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new here, and ridden and owned a lot of bikes, just got the versys and excited to lean more about this machine...I've ridden and raced spotbikes in a circuit, ridden dirt bikes...done adventure riding...still have a wr250X converted to a R for ADV riding...sold the vstrom I had...now trying out the parallel twin versys!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Why the Versys, because it a comfortable bike for long distances and great around town and awesome carving up twisty roads, going on a 800km round trip on the versys tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Why the Versys, because it a comfortable bike for long distances and great around town and awesome carving up twisty roads, going on a 800km round trip on the versys tomorrow.
Not to mention they're relatively inexpensive and built to stay that way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm a big fan of the "Universal Japanese Motorcycle" of the 70's. The kind of bike that could do/be whatever you wanted. Put some off road tires on and you've got a dual sport, put some luggage on and you've got a touring bike.

The Versys reminds me of those bikes. It's a step away from the highly specialized, narrowly defined niches of modern motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I ride with baggers and sport bikers..this bike handles both with ease...I haven't done any dirt roading yet..but I'm guessing we'd have a good time (with different tires that is)...

:cheers:

·
Registered
456 Posts
To me it is a very good do it all kind of bike, it serves as my commuter and tourer. Unlike other bikes that are good for touring it is not humongous, which makes it a good bike for the city. It is also a frisky little bike as it is just a tall sportbike.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hey all, I am new here, and ridden and owned a lot of bikes, just got the versys and excited to lean more about this machine...I've ridden and raced spotbikes in a circuit, ridden dirt bikes...done adventure riding...still have a wr250X converted to a R for ADV riding...sold the vstrom I had...now trying out the parallel twin versys!
:welcome:

Vertical singles or twins are the best handling bikes of all from my experience (but thumps numb your buns.) From all the Ninja crotch rockets sold, the Vs. has low overhead from the same manufacturing capital and many of the same parts or with little adjustments. Its the only bike most people can sit on indefinitely. The vertical sitting is safer from a vision aspect. It runs like a Ninja with more midrange. And there are about 20 more things, but it just makes me smile.

You are an expert rider. Doesn't that sound logical? Like you said, I was also "excited" when I learned about it too. This bike is a rare value and performance gem :yeahsmile: :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
111 Posts
To me the Versys is the perfect bike. Jack of all trades, so to speak. It is comfortable, quick enough, and has plenty of accessories available. The bike is one of the most well balanced bikes I have ever owned. By that I mean, the suspension, the weight, the torque, the hp, the ergos, all jive really well together to make one of the best all around bikes available.
In my younger days all I had were Supersports. But I got to the point where speed wasn't the most important quality in a motorcycle. So I bounced around on a sv1000, dr650, fz-09, until I discovered the Versys. I wish I had found her 5 years ago.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm a big fan of the "Universal Japanese Motorcycle" of the 70's. The kind of bike that could do/be whatever you wanted. Put some off road tires on and you've got a dual sport, put some luggage on and you've got a touring bike.

The Versys reminds me of those bikes. It's a step away from the highly specialized, narrowly defined niches of modern motorcycles.
That pretty much sums it up.

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
I like the new Ducati Scrambler too for the same reasons. It looks like you could take it anywhere.
...as long as you can afford the Ducati maintenance....

;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Here are some answers to "Why Versys", as written in Cycle World, a few years ago.

Regards,
Dave Schigoda

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting that. I have many of there same conclusions as the author did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts