Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It handles particularly awsome! especially under 50 mph it feels like another appendage! over that i still is amazing!
It is for some reason a blast to ride! i dont know what exactly it is but nothing i know of can compete with it.
the breaks work very very well
It is particularrly unique, and every what asks what evactly it is, and its kinda fun to act like you know the answer!
Its pretty fast for a 650! torque at low rpms is awsome, it is all usable
luggage setups are great, with plenty of it and lots of space
smooth cruising
A comfortable upright position
its pretty quiet, until you open the throttle, then its just how you want it!

the cons.........
chain drive..... im a fan of the shafts because they are no- maintinance... and the mechanical valves.... though on the versys the owners manual says adjustment at 15.000 miles, wich isnt bad
viberation........
the vibe isnt bad at all after your break in, and after that, it only shakes at a very low rpm, but i think mostly because you get used to running at low rpm becasue of so much torque
fenders........ the bike comes with less the adaquete fenders, though a good front and back fender setup is only a few hundred buck, i just somtime wonder why they dont come stock. but really, its this way with most bikes

thats all i can think of for now!
its great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can only but agree with you. As a newbie on his first bike for 30 years I thought I had better take it carefully. Now after a few hundred miles I can't hold back, its so confidence inspiring. I can't wait until the running in is finished.

I took it to a bike meeting at a country pub on Tuesday. About 30 bikes turned up, the oldest a 1929 Rayliegh 350cc with a lever throttle. That must be difficult to ride. Anyway there were so many admiring guys around the Versys, all wanting to sit on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is for some reason a blast to ride! i dont know what exactly it is but nothing i know of can compete with it.
I just got home from most of a day on the bike and I couldn't agree more. Oh it is quick, and stops well, and is comfy and lots more, but mainly it just makes me grin! It loves to dart, the acceleration from 100kph to 140 is just so nice and smooth. I think it makes other people grin too, at least 6 people went out of their way to talk to me today, and none of them had anything but praise.

So the plan is to get a good nights sleep, and then spend tomorrow on the Versys too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.