Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep on getting oil in my air box and i know that pistons are for sure okay. the bike has about 10k miles and it runs perfect. no white smoke, compression is good.... Could it be the hard core high rpms riding or is it something else?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
When I changed my sparkplugs and air filter I noticed mine was a little oily, but I assumed that it was normal. It didn't appear to be more than a light film.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Any oil in the airbox oil pickup tube? Crankcase vent breathes right beside it in the bottom of airbox. High rpm's and excessive engine oil will increase amount of aerated oil spewed out through the crankcase vent... What type of oil are you using, and how old is it? Is the oil level visible in the sight glass with the bike balanced straight, after engine has been stopped for a while?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I noticed a coarseness when on a long ride this weekend. The exhaust sounds louder and rougher. Also, when under acceleration the engine doesn't feel smooth. I attributed some of the change in feel to the brand new Shinko 009 tires. But the sound and engine feel bothered me. Poking around with my flashlight I noticed the lower part of the intake ports on the air box are covered in oil. I will pull it apart this afternoon after work. Does anyone have any ideas. I ticked over 40k last week.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts