Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2015 V650, and have been thinking lately that it might be nice to install a new exhaust system. I know, "it's not going to increase power, and cost a fortune," right? Well what got me considering it is the fact that a reasonably priced system actually exists for this bike, and it's made by Delkevic. Also of note: they list the total weight of the muffler is under 5 lbs, and the system (complete) has got to be (no more than) 1/4 to 1/2 that of the stock system! It's all stainless, lighter, and gives what seems to be a deeper, louder, yet somewhat mellow note with the baffle installed. That said, I'm not looking to increase power, as much as I am looking to NOT LOOSE ANY. I would also like to increase it's exhaust note some.

So, who else is running a Delkevic system on their bike, do you like it or dislike it, and why? I would just like to get some opinions and experience from those who have tried this system while I wait for the company to send me a reply (i asked them if they could send me Dyno-results for my model...we'll see how that goes).

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
I had the Delkevic Mini 8" exhaust on my FJR.... Sweet price and the build quality was top notch. Great customer service also....I've been thinking about putting a full set on my V-1000 but so far i just don't need to..Heres my FJR with them on....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Take a looks also at Black Widow. Great build quality and costume service.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
638 Posts
I just put on the middle of the line Two Bros. More money, but great sound. A little too loud for many, but not as bad as the Harleys I was next to over the weekend. To my surprise, the friends who I rode with, all liter bikes with drive-shafts commented favorably regarding the sound at our 60 - 80MPH cruising speeds.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just put on the middle of the line Two Bros. More money, but great sound. A little too loud for many, but not as bad as the Harleys I was next to over the weekend. To my surprise, the friends who I rode with, all liter bikes with drive-shafts commented favorably regarding the sound at our 60 - 80MPH cruising speeds.
At cruising speeds like that I doubt you hear the diference.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one on my 09. Love the deeper sound and it is not obnoxious at all. I even removed the baffle just for grins and I ended up liking it even more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts