Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to their website, Sargent is releasing the Versys seat this coming Monday the 7th. I have signed up earlier for the e-mail notification and special promo price.
I am probably going to give it a shot depending what the price is but I am guessing in the $400 range judging by other similar seats.
For me being in Canada it is probably the best as there is no need to ship my old seat to them. Freight costs kill us here.
I was just curious how many others are planning on ordering one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
With Seat Concepts offering their foam and cover package for $169, it's pretty much a no brainer to me. I've had two Sargents, one on my old DL1000 and another on an FJR and I wasn't overly impressed either time. Both needed work to be made all day comfortable as the foam they used is too soft.

If the Seat Concepts kit doesn't get the job done, then it'll be off to Russell for a DayLong job.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sargent seat

I'm on the waiting list for the Sargent seat. I have a price in mind, and if the introductory, discounted price is that or less, I'll try it. If it doesn't work out, I should be able to get most/almost all my money back. OTOH sending one's oem seat in for work doesn't give that option. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kinda in the same boat. On the list and if the discount is acceptable I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm also on the list, but as I live in Northern Ireland and the main importer is in the UK, I'm betting I get no discount and have to pay in pounds what you guys will pay in dollars. Not long to wait now tho'.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have a Sargents on my KLR and it not too bad, maybe a little soft. So I'm going to give Seat Concepts a try this time around. PLUS the cost is a bit nicer to me. I loved the touring saddle on my Buell. Nice and flat and very firm.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A friend of mine bought a Sargent seat last year for his 1200GS-A. He wasn't happy with it. The shape of the seat, for the GS anyway, prevented him from being able to shift around on the seat. He sent it back, they gave him no hassle, and got all his $$$ back.

Maybe I'll sign up to see what the promo price is. Can't be worse that the stock seat...

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
...For me being in Canada it is probably the best as there is no need to ship my old seat to them. Freight costs kill us here....
INSIST on USPS - the post office - so you DON'T get ripped off on "brokerage fees"!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Promo price for Sargent $379 + shipping. Seat Concepts $169 to my door! That $210 difference will buy a heck of a lot of fuel. The seat concepts alternative is even more of a no brainer now.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm going Baldwin. Not that impressed with the Sargent seats I've seen on other bikes whereas I am very impressed with Loren's work and his willingness to work with the customer to build a great custom seat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pulled the trigger on the seat concepts. Btw free ship with drrider.com code worked.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a Sargent seat on one of my ZRX's and liked it...I am very pleased with my modded Versys seat. But if that had not worked a Sargent was next.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts