Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
HyperPro makes several shocks for the V. I got a shock that is fully adjustable, including both high and low speed compression damping, rebound damping and pre-load.
It also lowered the seat-height by 50 mm (two inches), which I needed. In addition, the ride was greatly improved. It's pricy but does a fine job.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Elka does custom shock for the versys too. All I can say is no more catapults, very satisfied with the riding quality now. It's 5 way adjustable, any changes can be done in seconds with simple clicks, tool only required for preload. Purchased in Boucherville,Quebec ,total was 1250$. I know that there was a group buy on this site before and a few complaints about spring rate. Mine came with a 950lbs Eibach and it works well solo and 2up also.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Elka does custom shock for the versys too. All I can say is no more catapults, very satisfied with the riding quality now. It's 5 way adjustable, any changes can be done in seconds with simple clicks, tool only required for preload. Purchased in Boucherville,Quebec ,total was 1250$. I know that there was a group buy on this site before and a few complaints about spring rate. Mine came with a 950lbs Eibach and it works well solo and 2up also.
Hey Ultra

Did you have a choice for the shock, or was it what was installed on the system when you purchased it and you had to live with it ?
And you went directly in the shop in boucherville ?

LOP

·
Registered
134 Posts
No it wasn't installed, I've purchased it recently. Yes went to Boucherville , ordered it and picked it up there. I didn't want to go down the R1 way ( definitely cheaper though), and knew that this would be tuned to my weight and usage so rather than looking Ohlins , Penske went with Elka. No regrets.

·
Registered
255 Posts
HyperPro makes several shocks for the V. I got a shock that is fully adjustable, including both high and low speed compression damping, rebound damping and pre-load.
It also lowered the seat-height by 50 mm (two inches), which I needed. In addition, the ride was greatly improved. It's pricy but does a fine job.
2 inch drop is significant... must definitely prevent you from sliding into the tank.
:interesting:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Toofer
The two-inch drop works very well (very comfortable) for me. HyperPro will make any amount of lowering you want - up to 50mm. I also lowered the front (50mm) by installing HyperPro 30mm lowering, progressive fork-springs; and then raising the forks another 20mm. The bike rides extremely well - very comfortable - much, much better than OEM.

I also lowered the seat height an additional two inches by removing all the stock foam from the front (rider) portion, and placing an AirHawk R cushion on top, with minimum air. I've tried several dozen seats and seat mods. This combination is the most comfortable, by far. Total cost is just the AirHawk cushion at $160 plus shipping.

The rider sag is 50mm (recommended by HyperPro) and that gives me about a 28" seat height when I'm sitting on the bike. Very nice for my 29" inseam. Combined with Pilot Road 3 tires, this is a great ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts