Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your speedo read? I am looking to put 20 to 22,000 a year on Versys just commuting back and forth to work. I really hope to beable to put over 100,000 miles on motor,thats my goal anyways. Proper maintnance of coarse.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
30000 km on my 08, hasn't even coughed once. No 'extra' things found that need doing at the services. Never even slow to start or anything. SOOOO glad I got rid of my F650 Beema, best bike ever!

... but we all knew that right?

Just about to do 2200km in 3 days (with no riding on the middle day!) and I'll check the tires, lube the chain and thats the last thought I'll give her mechanically. Hopefully I haven't jinx'd her!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
33,200 miles on my 09. I know the number is actually higher as I had put a 44t rear sprocket on at around 11,000 miles which changes the acuracy of the odometer.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have about 36,000 miles on my 08. My riding has slowed down a little bit as I have been doing more track days on the weekends.

·
Registered
180 Posts
44k miles as of this summer on my 09, however, I am now troubleshooting an oil consumption issue. Compression was low at the #2 cyclinder, 110 psi. It was consuming the amount of oil between the sight glass hashes during the last two oil changes (38k to 41 and also 44) when I started to troubleshoot.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20885

Edit: Had the head serviced and re shimmed. Also replaced the rings. Soon as I can get another 3k on it, I will advise on the oil consumption.

·
Registered
92 Posts
40,000 miles so far. Not many issues. My fuel filter clogged once which required an entire new fuel pump.:eek: It was slow to start at one point but after I cleaned the air filter it perked right up. I learned you have to do that every 30,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Angst is probably around 70k miles by now and since there are probably 2007 European V riders with more since so many use it as a primary vehicle. Even riding to work this morning in the rain I was grinning on my little gal zipping around semis.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A2RON: Really impressive!! Your statement makes me happy!:D
I gotta ask, what have you done to your bike so far? I mean except regular maintenace replacing chains/sprockets/tires.... Any major break down?
What is your oil consumtion now?
I bought my bike in October last year. Have put approx. 10 000 km's so far. I'm planning to keep it for a while. If it lasts as long as yours we are talking at least 10 years.. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Justgettingit: Same questions to you.
What have you done to your bike so far? Except for regular maintenace replacing chains/sprockets/tires....
Any major break down?
What is your oil consumtion now?
I want to find out the weak points (if there are any) when we are talking really high mileage. So far I understand that the fuelpump/filter could be an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 - Blue

My V has done 97000km. 2007 model. I use it every day to commute between home and work - 140km/day. Still in excellent condition:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had a wire rub and short out under the key switch. replaced clutch switch replaced clutch cable. Had rear wheel d=bearing go at around 65000. Replaced front brakes once rear brakes twice. On my third chain. So far thats it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts