Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the purpose of this white connector is? I just installed the
Kaw accessory relay and am using the bullet connectors nearby to power my gps/
charger outlet. This seems related but can't figure it out.

Thanks, John

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does anyone know what the purpose of this white connector is? I just installed the
Kaw accessory relay and am using the bullet connectors nearby to power my gps/
charger outlet. This seems related but can't figure it out.

Thanks, John
That connector is for the auxiliary lights. If you order the Kawasaki endorsed (expensive) Denali aux lights that fit the Kawasaki crash bars, you will receive the matching connector.
I fabricated a connection to it with a couple of pins and lots of electrical tape to connect my cheapo ebay LED lights. I went to many electrical stores to try and find a connecting plug to no avail. I've since found a source for Kawi connectors, but it was in Japan...I gave up.

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
139 Posts
You can buy the complete light harness for about $5 (don't remember exact price) from Kawasaki. I bought 2. I got them from Partzilla.

·
Administrator
8,586 Posts
Dale , you are right to say its an Aux connector. Just in case you can't find the matching connector, just remove the OEM connector and find some other 2 pin connector for the same purpose. Its quite easy to remove connectors without cutting the wires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That connector is for the auxiliary lights. If you order the Kawasaki endorsed (expensive) Denali aux lights that fit the Kawasaki crash bars, you will receive the matching connector.
I fabricated a connection to it with a couple of pins and lots of electrical tape to connect my cheapo ebay LED lights. I went to many electrical stores to try and find a connecting plug to no avail. I've since found a source for Kawi connectors, but it was in Japan...I gave up.
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now. Think I'll pass on those lights.

John

·
Registered
344 Posts
Since there's already a thread here. I'll ask, does anyone know what the name of the connector is? I want buy one so I don't have to remove the original. I did have the name/type somewhere, but seem to have lost where I jotted it down.
I have a video on my X300 dedicated YouTube channel that I recently uploaded to goes into great detail on the X300's Aux connectors and how to use the mating connectors bought on Amazon to avoid hacking into the bike's wiring. It covers using the two pin white connector or with the addition of the OEM Aux lights harness - using the harness to interface with 3rd party Aux lights or anything else and no hacking into the harness wiring either. This will make your wiring up any accessory more simple with NO crimping, cutting, soldering, water proofing much of the wiring projects. LINK to video:

·
Registered
Versys X 300
38 Posts
I just installed a switched fuse box. It has two always hot circuits and three that are switched circuits. I used the hot circuits from the accessory plug. Obviously, I had to install the relay first. So far I have a heated jacket and heated grips wired. I am waiting on a USB socket to complete the electrical.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Electrical wiring Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just installed a switched fuse box. It has two always hot circuits and three that are switched circuits. I used the hot circuits from the accessory plug. Obviously, I had to install the relay first. So far I have a heated jacket and heated grips wired. I am waiting on a USB socket to complete the electrical.
Those relay/fuse units is the way to go when you have several items that all require power. I have a single relay for my air horn. If in the future I need more relays/fuses, I will probably start over with one of these fuse boxes.

Reactions: nj-bill

·
Registered
Versys X 300
38 Posts
Those relay/fuse units is the way to go when you have several items that all require power. I have a single relay for my air horn. If in the future I need more relays/fuses, I will probably start over with one of these fuse boxes.
I've used Eastern Beaver and Show Chrome. I stumbled upon Show Chrome during the supply chain debacle and have been impressed with the value there. This is my second one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts