Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, can anyone recommend a really good make and model of tyre for a versys please.
I need to replace the standard dunlops, and quite frankly good riddence to them! cant stand them.
I ride aproximatly 1000 miles per month in all conditions. any suggestions?
cheers,
Dave. :thanx:

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Really depends on your riding style as to which tire to get. The softer ones for more agressive riding don't last as long as more of a touring tire. I went with the Pilot Road on the rear and a Pilot Power on the front. The front was replaced early due to a screw. I am currently experiencing cupping on the front which the dealer says is under inflation even though it is at 32psi each time I ride. After talking to Michelin they are going to pay half the cost of my replacement and I have around 3000 miles on the tire. I will be putting a Road on the front when I replace.
The Pilot Road 2ct is supposed to be a good tire with good reviews.
Good luck, there are alot of choices.....:confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Pilot Road 2 and the Pirelli Angel are supposed to be very very good.

I tend to prefer Pirelli as I like a more aggressive profile. Makes the bike turn in faster and a little more sensitive to cross winds and such. The Michelin is what you want if you perfer a more stable tire.

Both are fine tires, and last about the same number of miles.

Don't skimp on tires. If you don't trust your tires, it can get you in trouble. Most sport touring tires today are better than full on race tires were 5 years ago.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just replaced my Pilot Road 2's with Conti Road Attacks. I was going to get the Road 2 again, but they are back ordered and I wasn't sure when they would be in again. I thought about the Pirelli, but went with the Conti's due to availability and price (at least $50 a tire less than the Pirelli's). So far I only have a couple of hundred miles on them, but they feel pretty good, though I have yet to push them too hard...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts