Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for swingarm spools for the first gen VERS, and I find spools that fit all the Ninja variants', but was not seeing any that included our bikes.

Is it just the same application, I think a "10mm" ?

I'll be looking for a rear-swingarm stand right away too, would be nice to score both/new from same supplier/vendor. Is there a stand you think is great?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hanging alum. panniers and it would be nice if the bike was level (and stable).

(tried the search feature and it gave me something else entirely, but still enjoyable)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Look at T-REX they have spools & stands
You may also try Cycle Gear
The spools should be the same 10 MM thread as the Ninja

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Take a look at Pit Bull. They have both spools and stands, all first class but with prices to match. A Pit Bull stand will last about as long as you will.

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the spools... I have these in my mk2.

While not exactly small (or pretty, for that matter) they work perfectly... When I crashed, the black plastic bit got all scraped (half of it disappeared in the asphalt!) and I just replaced it... You can buy just the plastic bit separately.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
i personally just use some random 10mm bolts i took off a rebel. you dont have to waist your money on spools , just hit up a hard wear shop and get a few 10mm bolts and put them on when you need to do work and keep them magnet mounted to your stand when your not using them

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
Look at T-REX they have spools & stands
You may also try Cycle Gear
The spools should be the same 10 MM thread as the Ninja
I have T-rex F & R stands in AZ, and F in BC w/ a Harbor Freight R. The AZ spools are T-rex, the BC are H-F.

I trust the T-rex WAY more than I trust the aluminum H-F stuff, FWIW....

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have T-Rex front and rear stands. I bought my spools from T-Rex when ordering the stands. The bike is very solid on the stands. I totally trust them when working on the bike. Yea pitbuls may be "better" but they are double the price.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Been using Harbour Freight Stands since 2010...Never an issue.
Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
549 Posts
Do like I did find the pitbull stand on craigslist and low ball them. I was able to score both my pit-bull stands for less then $130 even picked up a old lockheart Phillips stand I keep at a friends house for when I come over there. only cost me the gas to pick it up as it was listed for free :)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Been using Harbour Freight Stands since 2010...Never an issue.
Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr
lol same here , also use to use there center stand to with my dirtbikes and only had one fall over and it was my fault (backed into it)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You should do a little research on the forum

Someone has posted (lately) a design problem with a set of spool

Using them cause the stand hook to cut through the aluminim and he ended up with 2 broken pieces

Maybe those cheapo one are not the one to choose ...

LOP

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You should do a little research on the forum

Someone has posted (lately) a design problem with a set of spool

Using them cause the stand hook to cut through the aluminim and he ended up with 2 broken pieces

Maybe those cheapo one are not the one to choose ...

LOP
the aluminum spool split in half? just from being used on a stand? I'd like to see that because it sounds like smoke being blown.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
the aluminum spool split in half? just from being used on a stand? I'd like to see that because it sounds like smoke being blown.

Do a search..He's not blowing smoke..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts