Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 is lowered. This is the after market short side stand.
If anyone recognizes the brand, please tell me what it is.

Are there any options for feet, to keep it from sinking into soft ground or should I just use a separate disc?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen one like that, particularly the strange foot. It almost appears to have been designed to fit into an accessory cup. As it is, I can't imagine it offering much in the way of stability at all. On dirt or gravel or even asphalt it seems to me like it would sink in no time at all. On a wet surface it might even slide easily.

I would replace it with a OEM side stand, and then install a Moto Werk foot pad. If your bike is lowered then follow the Moto Werk instructions for altering the side stand and install the foot pad. I can say that it worked for my Versys and it worked very well. It was stable and didn't easily sink into what it was sitting on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, @Arion !
I haven't had any big issues. Just on loose stuff. Maybe I should look into replacing the entire stand.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Do you have a centerstand? Just curious, because it does not look like it from your pic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a centerstand? Just curious, because it does not look like it from your pic.
Yes. I am very thankful of that, for many reasons. It was actually one of the deciding factors of this bike.

Reactions: Craigar

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I started searching for a different side stand and it looks like the one I have is a Soupy's brand.
They have a foot add on that has a larger contract surface.

Here's an entire stand. The foot is flat but not very big.
PSR Adjustable Kickstand
(the link was way too long)

Maybe I'll just wait for the end of season and operate on the existing piece.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
On my V-650 and V-1000 i had a MotoWerks Flat foot on each bike. But on my FJR i just took a safety line from a front brake lock and a side stand foot i had laying around the house and attached to each other.

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
OR just take the side-stand to a welder, and have him weld a LARGE washer to it....

(I would NOT have it welded while attached in case a voltage spike might affect your ECU!!!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OR just take the side-stand to a welder, and have him weld a LARGE washer to it....

(I would NOT have it welded while attached in case a voltage spike might affect your ECU!!!)
Like I expressed in post #6.
Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I thought the Ninja 650 side stand was going to fit the bill, but it's a few inches too tall.
I went ahead and ordered the foot add on from Soupy's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts