Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get rid of the soft bags and go with solid bags and have decided on the smaller givi E21's. Regular non plx sidecarrier is in stock but requires rear rack or a kit to install. The newer quick lock is not in stock but does not require rear rack. Also looks redesigned fitting closer to the bike. Won't be available till late september. Would someone out there with set ups please help guide me in the best choice for my bike.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3696 quick lock

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4320 no pic, but reg.

I know I need to buy the adapter to fit the givi bags but the non plx everyone says will allow you to change bags instead of being limited to the
35's only.

:feedback:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I went with ( huge ) non-PLX bags, E46's. It's and obscene amount of space but not much weight and I wanted to be able to use them on other bikes or get smaller ( cheaper ) bags from Givi. When I priced out the PLX ones ( G35's ? ), they were almost $300 more than these and, like you are saying, those were the only bags you could use.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of views with only 1 response, thanks outdoorvtguy.
I'd like to order but would sure like some opinions, and I know there alot of those here :)

Please guys/gals---what is working for you, any with the quick lock?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just got my V & am looking into hard luggage myself. There is an active thread right now that has a title somewhere along the lines of luggage setups, show us what you got. Lots of pic & opinions there.
JCIII

·
Registered
371 Posts
I already had two sets of givi luggage when I purchased the V so I went with the SW motech rack.

I like the fact that I have luggage options.

Big trips.

Small trips.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I don't think it matters a great deal
depends on what you want
what size bags you think you need

the PLX kit only fits the V35 panniers, so it limits you to what you can fit.

the PL kit fits virtually any other pannier except the v35
you can get hold of E series panniers easily enough through fleabay,
the great advantage of the PL series is that you can keep the panniers assuming you decide to sell the bike

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going to go with the SW-Motech quick lock side carriers and the E21 bags. Width is an issue ro me due to the gate opening going to my shed in the back yard where my V is always under cover.
The quick locks are suppossed to have a closer profile than the givi's and the 21's should keep the width perfect for the gate opening.
Only bad thing is they won't be ordered till sept16 and won't be expected until late october :(
Can't seem to locate them anywhere else available. Oh well, Twistedthrottle it is unless someone knows something I can't find.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I went with the cheaper Givi racks with my E21s. As far as width, this setup has the bags pretty close to the bike, I can't imagine getting more than an inch less width with another setup, but I haven't actually seen the SW racks. I did not care about having a removable rack, bags have been on the bike since install.

These racks were very easy to install and fit very well.

The ad copy for the SW racks say they are lower profile than the older SW racks, they do not claim to be narrower than the Givis. Pays to read carefully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts