Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber pad on my front left peg is worn out again, and this time I'm thinking about replacing the pegs (last time I scavenged rubber from a pillion peg). Other than the rubber tearing, my issue is they're a little slippery when wet, but it hasn't been a real problem.

What do you like or not like about the aftermarket pegs you've used?

I see some discussion here of Concours 14 pegs. On a parts sheet they look similar to Versys pegs. Why choose them, and if I do exactly what parts do I need?

Do you have a 2nd gen Versys? Does a peg with no rubber insert increase vibes to the feet? My guess is not a big deal, because I rode a 1st gen EX650 for several years, with more vibes at the grips, but I don't remember a vibe issue at the all-metal pegs.

Thinking about SW Motech on/off road pegs, with removable rubber insert. Not cheap tho.
http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts....1-10000-S.html

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,996 Posts
I put a set of Suzuki DR650 'pegs onto my '09 (paid $30+), that I took off my KLR when I sold it. They don't get slippery when wet. See pic #1.

Then I went on E-bay and bought aftermarket DR650 'pegs, which are much wider, for around $13 + shipping. They don't get slippery when wet TOO! I've ridden enough on BOTH that I recommend either, but PREFER the E-bay ones! See pic #2.

:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
If you have a gen2 Versys then your front pegs are the same as the ones on Big Connie.
The rubber insert is a part that can be ordered separately.
If you decide to go with another peg design I'd buy your stockers. Snapped a Connie peg on my '09, so put my stock pegs back on. I prefer the V2/C14 pegs.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I see on e-bay someone makes a cnc machined lowered set of concours 14 front foot pegs. This looks like a better option than the speedy's lowering blocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts