Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Will you be walking during those ride (visiting, sight seeing ...)

If so, will you be carying an extra pair of shoe for those walk ?

Walking with the full race boot must be a pain in the a**

My 2 cent

LOP

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tired the Axo at home for walk and it is not really hard to walk with....although I agree that I should try it for a relatively longer distance...
I'm more inclined to use the tour master which is perfect for walking as well...;)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'd go with the ones that offer the most waterproofing. Wet feet are the worst, and on an extended trip, you never know when the rain's coming. Easy to keep some walking around shoes handy.

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
IF you have a lot of walking, I suggest you carry a pair of sneakers and change into them to walk rather than wearing out the soles on your boots.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would go with whatever offers the most protection then a pair of shoes to walk in if needed. A busted up ankle can end a trip pretty fast.

I broke an ankle doing MX so I'm paranoid but I never ride without full MX boots on.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I wouldn't trust Tourmaster boots to be waterproof, even if they claim to be. Just my experience. Wet feet from river crossings is one thing - you pay to play - but on a road trip it's pretty unpleasant.

·
Registered
29 Posts
+1
I too am wearing mx boots ALL the time. It provides great protection. But i agree with l'ours polaire. I you have to do some walking. They're not the best though.

Brad.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Boots with laces are a safety issue and a liability. In the event of crash, they can get caught on the bike and could result in a major injury to you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just got some Fox Comp 5 Shorty MX/adv touring boots and I love them, great protection (1/3 of the way to my knee) are comfy as anything I've worn and they're relatively waterproof (rode in a light rain today and feet dry as a bone).

Haven't had any issues walking in them either.

If I had to pick just one of your choices I'd go tourmaster...if you find a pair of race boots you can stand/walk in all day let me know ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
On my Alaska adventures I tend to wear MX boots, and have waterproof 'overs' that fit them. For instance - the Dempster Hwy is about 1,000 miles (round-trip) of dirt/ gravel, so I dress so I CAN ride it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought and used a pair of very stiff water proof riding boots for my ride from Houston, Texas to Colorado. When I walked in them, I walked like Frankenstein! Glad I packed a pair of small comfortable sneakers for walking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts