Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at my first Versys 650.
I currently have a Chieftain for long distance, a CRF450RL for trails, and a Heritage for more local type riding. I'm looking to replace my Heritage with a V650.
I'm wanting something that I can ride for a 300ish miles in a day and have enough ground clearance to take on the occasional gravel or dirt road. Nothing hard. I have my CRF for that stuff.
The Versys seems to fit the bill pretty well. I'm wanting the 15 and up style.
I have found 2 bikes that are at the top of my want list right now. Which would you get? Both are priced the same
one is a 2018 LT with 3k miles. All stock and in VGC
other one is a 2020 (not LT) with 14k but has some upgrades. Akrapovic full titanium exhaust, (about $1100) Dyno Jet tuner, ADV bars, Nelson Riggs soft bags with Givi supports brackets, Road 5 rear tire, shinko 705 front tire, and a few small things. Bike seems in very clean as well.. I like that this one has several things that I would likely add already on it. But this also means that the bike has probably been used off road and I wouldn't know what type of offroad riding was done with it. I'm also not sure if I could install a skid plate with this exhaust on it. The softbags are also a plus, just in case I should happen to fall over any.
Both bikes are about 2 hours away, so it's kinda hard to go check each one out then decide.
I'm also looking at a few others, but these are at the top of my list. I plan on buying a Versys within the next few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts
My vote is on the V w/ stock exhaust - the "Akrapovic-full-titanium-exhaust" noise would definitely get OLD for me, right quickly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vote is on the V w/ stock exhaust - the "Akrapovic-full-titanium-exhaust" noise would definitely get OLD for me, right quickly.

Good luck.
was kinda thinking the samething. I watched a youtube video and the exhaust sounded pretty quiet while running, only loud at idle.. But, I kinda like the idea of the quieter stock exhaust

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
With both priced the same I would go for the 2020 unless you are just in love with the color of the '18. The 2020 has a higher insurance value, and if you don't like the $1100 exhaust you can sell it for $600 with trade for OEM exhaust so that is an extra $600 off.

Of course the 2020 is getting close to the first valve check, but at least has been ridden instead of sitting around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts