Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a professional looking install of a 12v outlet flush in the left side of the dash. Only problem is I can now only turn my handle bars about 15 degrees to the right now when my GPS is plugged in. The power converter on the end of the cable extends outward 1.25 inches and catches the backbone from the Barkbuster hand guards. Anyone have pictures of their install?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I did a professional looking install of a 12v outlet flush in the left side of the dash. Only problem is I can now only turn my handle bars about 15 degrees to the right now when my GPS is plugged in. The power converter on the end of the cable extends outward 1.25 inches and catches the backbone from the Barkbuster hand guards. Anyone have pictures of their install?
I have a very unprofessional looking install of zip tying heated gear receptacles where I need them. Like this one for my heated jacket/gloves.

receptacle.jpg

I have another one that is zipped near the handlebars. I spliced the male ends on to GPS & battery charger so everything I need is plug and play.

Now that it's hot out, I'll put the cap on the one shown and stick it back under the seat.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
My GPSs are mounted to Madstad brackets, w/ RAM mounts, then 'hard-wired' to the DRLs so they 'power-up when I turn the key ON.

Before I got the Madstads I used a Garmin mount, attached thru one of the MotoWerk mounts that attached across the stock mirror mounts. Here's a pic of that set-up on the '09.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts