Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always worried my helmet is going to fall off the seat or other less stable perch while I'm getting stuff in/out of my side cases. Yes, I could just leave the helmet on my noggin' until I'm done and in some cases that's what I did do. But we all know that for anything other than riding, it's not exactly enjoyable to keep your helmet on. Especially when it start to get hot. So, where do you hang your helmet after you dismount?

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Heres what i used before my new helmet with a latching mechanism. You can get it at Harbour Freight for about $4.00. I just hook it throught the D-Ring then hook it to the handle bar or several other places on the bike.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i either place it on the mirror (right), or on the bars, like so.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
always on the right hand grip/throttle...never on the mirrors (not really what I would call 'load-bearing')

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
+ on the rear foot peg for short stops (I use the right side). Last year on a tour I tied a cord with a carabiner on the end for quick, secure, clipped-on storage when I'd stop for pictures and such. That worked ok, so I'm really liking weljo's double end clip the best so far, I need to find one of those.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use a small version of the same double end carabiner for my Versys key. Detach from ring and put the other keys in my pocket.

I don't have baggage to worry about and I rarely ever leave my helmet on my bike so I just take it off and bring it with me.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[slapping forehead]

Sometimes its a simple view from a different perspective. I completely discounted hanging by the 'D' ring. Just have never hung my helmet that way before. I've always either carried it or locked it in a hard case. I kept trying to find something like the foot peg that I could temporarily hang the chin bar on. My new helmet has a chin curtain, so I stopped hanging it there to reduce wear on the curtain. Just a simple "S" hook welded or bolted to the unused turn signal mounts of my SW Motech mounts should work just fine to hang it by the 'D' ring. :yeahsmile:

And oh, can't hang it on the grips since I have bark buster and have never hung my lid on the mirrors. I always seem to knock the mirror out of wack.

Hate when I miss simple stuff like that. Was over thinking it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I set it on the tankbag-

but hook it over the mirror stalk-

Works real good with a D/S helmet.
Al demonstrates the peg method with his Nexx Carbon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
+1 for the license plate helmet lock thingy.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
HelmetLok (carabiner with combo lock) hung on the left side barkbuster...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Between the handlebars but I like the S clip thingy idea

1 - 20 of 27 Posts