Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Same weather here in KC area.

Went out for a ride over to my parents. Around 60 miles or so.

Was a GREAT day for a ride!!

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Been riding all week some mornings started out at 25 degrees but got up in the 50's. Loving Every Minute Of It. Just a leather jacket leather summer gloves fingers get a little chilly

·
Registered
64 Posts
It was 53 here today, rode my bike to work this afternoon. It will be a chilly ride home, though, probably be about 30. Good thing it has heated grips:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hit 51 in Oregon City today. Went home and got my bike at lunch.

Yesterday heat wave of 58. Took off for the hills and got cold fast. Took an out of the way forest road home. Did about 15 miles of dirt and rut. Little slippery crossing a few snow patches, and the back tire wants to slip off the crest of the dirt road and down into the rut. But I was pleased as punch with the handling considering the tires. Just turned over 500 miles.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ride to work everyday. Still looking for a car so I have no choice.

Looks like today is gonna be a beautiful day with temps in the upper 60's. Too bad my bike is going to be out of service over the weekend with maintenance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Headed over to the motorcycle show yesterday here in Chicago. Lots of bikes to see and sit on. Not many kids and none of the dealers bothered me. Not much difference with the new Versys (buy a deeply discounted 09 if your in the market) but the Z1000 feels just right and is so light. Got to see the luggage I want, bought a nice heavy leather jacket for $50 and a aqua box for my phone/gps. So while you guys were/are having fun I was having fun myself :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It turned out to be in the mid 60's here in the Dallas area so I rode up to southern Oklahoma and back. About a 225 mile round trip. It was good to get out after all this nasty weather but tommorrow it's suppose to have dropping tempertaures and snow again. Where's spring?????????????

·
Registered
165 Posts
To cold and too much salt and crap on the roads to ride around here but I did get the garage cleaned out. Time to get the winter maintenance done and accessories installed.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
A little jaunt to Jasper Ark. 265 miles round trip. Posting lots of pics so check this post again to see full set. Thanks!

Mile 70, lunch at a nice little pizza cafe, lots of friendly patrons. They liked the Versys.

Crossing on Browns Ferry, 10 minutes, smooth ride. By now it is cloudy, so pics aren't spectacular.

Docking on the other side, continued my route 125, a favorite with motorcycles(summer)

Park at the Buffalo River, which I would follow much of the ride. Would have loved to
take more photos here, but I only had the afternoon, not much time.

Nearing Jasper, mile 120. The mountains in the background are the Bostons, my destination.

Ozark Cafe, a must stop in Jasper, Ark. Ran into some guys I know from the bicycle
club in Springfield, Ozark Cyclists. I visited too long, and paid later by finishing the
last 70 miles in the dark :(

Photos and antiques cover the walls and ceilings. Surely lots of stories behind these
old pics. Cafe was established in 1909.
I kept hearing goat bleeting when I parked, here was the source...

This "kid" was 4 days old, very small. Apparently the pet of this group.

Been a while since I have seen one of these jukes.
More pics of the Versys and the scenery. These next shots are along the ridge
of the Boston mountains, sorry my cheap camera and no sun doesn't capture their
magnificence.

Trees were damaged by two seasons of ice storms.
[

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/elementSC/100_2750.jpg[/IMG]
A couple wooshed by on their Goldwing.

Here is what that herd of elk was about:
From the Motorcycle Highways website:
A herd of Elk seen along Highway 74
Motorcycle Road Scenery:
This takes you thru some of Arkansas best scenery. Boxley Valley is one of the few place where Elk herd can be seen in Arkansas. A real treat for the eyes and a 5 becauese of the wildlife and scenery you'll see along the way!

That is when I stopped shooting so I could get my butt home. Hope you enjoyed
the pics and maybe I will see one of you there soon. KLR Dude for instance. Cheers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
60 degrees out here in Oregon City. Did about 70 miles on the roads east of my house.
70 miles of these backroads is equal to about 150 corners. Can't get enough twisties.

Only drawback is that my V is still at JNS engineering modeling for a skidplate.

Twisties can still be fun on a 1500 Vulcan. Scrapping floorboards baby.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts