Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

My V is two days old - so I need to know if the wheezing sound at stops is normal. Everything seems to be running great - but it certainly is a strange sound...this is not engine pulse but something else....also it makes all kind of racket when the key is first turned and it goes through check - like a computer mad as hell about being booted.

Nothing or something?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Every now and then when blipping the throttle at stops i have had mine cough, very rare that it happens, but has done it at least dozen times. I don't beleive it's and issue for the bike runs fine. When first turning the key on it will make a chattering/pitchey noise as the tach goes up and back down and the fi light cycles. I would imagine all is ok. You might see if there is someone else with a V in your area and you could compare.
Good luck and hope this helped.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yes..there is a "squeaky pulse" sound...like a "jetsons " flying car sound at idle speed...twins do that. gos away sorta kinda at higher rpms....cuz the motors running at higher rpms so ya cant hear it anymore.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think you might be hearing an exhaust leak, but I'm not sure from the description. Give it a few more days and a few more miles to seat in properly, and see what happens. My stock exhaust made a kind of chirping at stops, I thought it might be the drain in the bottom... might be your issue too????

·
Registered
744 Posts
Try to turn the bike off and listen if you still hear the noise . After I turned my bike off it made a noise like the fuel pump was running . I even went as far and disconnected the battery . The noise was the fuel tank venting . I opened the fuel cap and the noise went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts