Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
t-rex-racing.com has spools and stands reasonable priced. $140 for set of front and rear stands. spools for $13. 10mm for Versys. u need rear stand for chain and oil change. front and rear for storage. they keep bike off ground completely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Powerstands Black Max Stand. It can be used with or without spools. It is built very well and works great. It's adjustable width, so I share it with my neighbor who has a bigger sportbike.

I got mine from Powersport Superstore for $98 + shipping.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got the T-Rex rear stand and rollers - it seems to work well and appears to be good quality. It sure lifts the bike off the rear wheel easily.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Stargazer, can you put it up on the stand with no help? Ie...someone holding the front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't tried that yet and the T-Rex directions say not to do that but to always have someone holding the bike. I probably won't try it until I need to get it on the stand and no one is around to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
StonedGP,

I can easily put mine on the stand by myself with the PowerStand. The bike is light enough that the stand easily lifts it off the sidestand. It easily aligns in the right bobbin then and lifts right up. Comes down easily too. (Don't forget to put the sidestand back down if you stowed it during maintenance! :))

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the spool on mine. with the bike on its stand, tilting to the left, place the spool stand under the left spool while holding the passenger grab bar. Slowly tilt the bike to the right and pushing down the bike stand simultaneously. at this point, both spools should sit evenly on the bike stand. A quick pop should get the bike off the ground and you are good to go. I do this by myself all the time.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thanx, was afraid I would have to rely on my weakling GF.

·
Registered
80 Posts
t-rex-racing.com has spools and stands reasonable priced. $140 for set of front and rear stands. spools for $13. 10mm for Versys. u need rear stand for chain and oil change. front and rear for storage. they keep bike off ground completely.
With shipping, the T-Rex stands are ~$140. I bit the bullet and just got a set along with the spools (they just screw right in - easy).

They advise that you have some help getting the bike on the stand, but you can easily get the bike up on the rear and front without help (just follow the instructions and take things slow).

Some pictures are attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I got my t-rex stands yesterday and assembled them this morning. They are definitely well built, and were packed great for shipping. I already had spools so I didn't have to buy any from them. After adjusting the rear stand to the correct width, it's pretty easy to put the bike on it by yourself. Just use caution, and the technique bear mentioned works great. :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm glad you found what needed. i looked around and found T-Rex to be the best deal. As most bike stands are similar, it's finally came down to cost. cheers!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the T-Rex Stands do you need the Tree extension on the front to safely remove the front wheel, or can the front wheel be removed with the regular front stand alone?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put the bike on the stand by myself by strapping the left handlebar to the wall so it couldn't fall right and leaving the side stand down so it couldn't fall left. This worked OK but it would still be better if someone could assist. I use the stand in the garage and I will put a hook in a ceiling joist so I can strap it from the handlebar mount straight up. I think that would be the most convenient.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
With the T-Rex Stands do you need the Tree extension on the front to safely remove the front wheel, or can the front wheel be removed with the regular front stand alone?
No, you can remove the wheel with that type of stand, but you would need an extension (or different stand) if you needed to do any suspension work.

I have an older Kwik Lift, like this one:

Doesn't require the rear to be up on a stand, but if the manufacturer says you should, I'm not telling you otherwise... ;)

Gustavo

1 - 20 of 34 Posts