Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I did a 7200km tour in Europe. Oiling the chain was a pain in the ass without a center stand. I did find a way to balance the bike on me, turn the wheel and spray but it wasn't easy and I bet I looked funny.

So a guy from the greek kawasaki forum found this:

http://www.wheeljockey.com/

A bit pricey but looks like it will last forever and it's rather compact.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, if I had the means I'd go for it. Although I need a bike to use it and my V was destroyed. :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had an accident at December, was a rather strong hit. A car violated a stop sign and I hit it sideways. I broke my wrist and the V had the frame bent beyond repair.

Gonna be a while until I'm done with the insurance companies so I'll probably get a small enduro for the time being. I was really close on getting another V, but had some cash problems.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,762 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Rather than lug ANYTHING with wheels, get a piece of wood (hockey stick's a good starter...) the right length, and use it under the right side of the swingarm. For the KLR mine is 15 3/4". Just in process of making one from an old crutch.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Seems like a nifty gadget. But when you're touring and need to oil the chain, don't you just use the roll the bike down the road method? It's more of a pain but it only takes a couple minutes.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts