Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And that about says it all. I've been riding more than twenty years, have owned at least twelve bikes but owned only two Japanese-made motorcycles before. I do likes me Italian machines. I sold my vintage Moto Guzzi Le Mans III two weeks ago because it just was not for me—and that says quite a bit because the Le Mans III is a great bike. I was going to get a Moto Guzzi Lario similar to what I had while living in Europe, but then someone suggested the Suzuki 650 V-Strom as a nice all-purpose bike. I rode one and liked it okay, but the 19" front wheel and ginormous fairing turned me off. Then I remembered seeing the Versys at the International MC Show and did some research. Of course, none of the local shops would let me ride one and of course they wanted more than top dollar, but I found a dealer a few hours east of here that would let me try the Versys first and give me a good price. Wow. The Versys is everything I liked about the V-Strom and cures all that I did not like about it. Tomorrow morning the mountains of North Georgia hearken!

It's nice to get excited about a new bike again.
:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome.

I am getting a test ride on a Ducati Hypermotard this weekend and that may be tough to pass up.

Someone has posted a Northern Georgia ride in the ride section maybe meet up with them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
:welcome: Danomar. Georgia seems to be a hot bed for V's. See ya on 60 one day.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have had my V for a week and it is in for the 600 mile service today. This is my first bike and I love it. Rode lot's of friends bikes as a teenager, but this bike was perfect for a 50+ young guy. One of the guys in my department at work has one too. We be great to get a ride thru the N. GA mountains together sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts