Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every bike comes with a little satchel of adequately-made tools… but how much of it is actually necessary for day-to-day street riding?

I know there's an existing thread about the ideal tool kit for "long/2-day trips" right here, but I'm talking about shorter afternoon/day rides near cities and towns.

Most importantly, without adding luggage or bags to the bike. Just stuff that'll fit under the seat.

Has anything proven absolutely essential that Kawasaki didn't think to include? Is there anything in the stock kit that really doesn't need to be there?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! Well I kind of assumed that nobody rides without their wallet and phone these days, but I was hoping for hardware loadouts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I carry a Motion Pro Metric Multipurpose, check it out. One of the belt mounted multitools such as the a leatherman or my preference the Gerber.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The best tools for day to day riding, in my opinion only, are a tire plug kit, a portable compressor, and a good air pressure gauge. I have a fairly decent tool kit too, but a flat tire can needlessly end a good ride.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The problem I have found with "hardware loadouts", is that they tend to get out of hand .
I ride with the std tool kit, everpresent multi tool, & a stop & go tire repair kit. If I need more than that, I need a recovery vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
The best tools for day to day riding, in my opinion only, are a tire plug kit, a portable compressor, and a good air pressure gauge. I have a fairly decent tool kit too, but a flat tire can needlessly end a good ride.
:thumb: - :thumb:

PLUS I carry a spare clutch cable (ONLY one I ever changed was on my '08 at something around 56K miles!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts