Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
For the first time in a long time I saw one of the Oscar nominated movies, American Sniper. It was O.K. but contained a lot of fabrications to make the movie more exciting, including the enemy sniper and being overrun.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must have a small squirrel brain because most often I'm disappointed and bored to tears when I rent an Oscar nominated movie.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I must have a small squirrel brain because most often I'm disappointed and bored to tears when I rent an Oscar nominated movie.
Agreed, for several years the Oscars have been my "do not watch" list. I hate that it's just about big commercial movies from the big studios, meh.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
It's easier to understand if it's put into perspective. It's the annual opportunity for people you may never have heard to gush about a little gold idol and endlessly thank a long list of other people you've never heard of - for over three hours. Oh, and it's also an opportunity to gaze upon young women who appear to have put their custom gowns on backwards.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Academy Awards were concocted in an attempt to bring legitimacy to actors who, at the time, were held in low regard. It was just after the Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle episode, which showed the world that actors can act like perverted idiots.

Today, of course, they are paragons of virtue and, for some reason, think we want and need to know what they think.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The Academy Awards were concocted in an attempt to bring legitimacy to actors who, at the time, were held in low regard. It was just after the Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle episode, which showed the world that actors can act like perverted idiots.

Today, of course, they are paragons of virtue and, for some reason, think we want and need to know what they think.
Fatty was falsely accused and was innocent..not to say that all other actors are...like all human beings..some are good some aren't...

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I can find younger better looking..err..women on the internet....and I can't say enough about their acting skills either...

:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts