Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you just loosen the assembly and retorque, shifting it over? Or do you have to pry it over about an 1/8" with something long, skinny, and strong? Putting it in a vice would suck lemons for 1/8" bend.

:thanx:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Maverick, but MotoHelmets readjusted my bars for free and fixed it for me :)

HB bars rule, and paid their way 5 hours after being put on. I've had them on a Honda 750 Nighthawk and multiple BMW's. They will always be my number one choice in crash bars. And usually a puff or two of Walmart black spraypaint fixes them back to life, even if they are chromed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I Needa get me a set of the crashbars for my 650, sounds like your's worked out just perfectly. Although I don't plan to ride in such a way that it would require protection, you know how that goes, it wouldn't be fun either!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I wedged in a piece of rubber between the HB crash bars and the plastic that was rubbing. Stopped the vibration, and was an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm happy with my SW-Motech bars
I did get the SW rear AL rack, and liked it until I put my Seahorse 720 top case on last night. There was no room for screws on the outside, and four 1/4" screws on the inside pattern was not too secure. I'll see how the wind does with the 11 lb capacity rack today. I may have to add screws to it; but with windshields, I found the optimum number of screw secure points were 4 from trial and error.

Hopefully, it will be all right. Now I know what a member meant when he said the box was wobbly with a Rotopax on top. I may have to downsize from the preferred 1.75 gallon can to the 1 gallon can because that will be the max weight of my (or any) top case rack (resting on a narrow width AND 5/8th the case length.

Note, I should have gotten a larger rack :-( It's light anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts