Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spill it! What'd you score for Christmas?

Bike related stuff - my wife got me a new pair of riding jeans (Speed & Strength Hang em High) and a set of Nelson Rigg CL-850 soft bags!

Non bike related stuff - we got each other a Sony Blu Ray player and a couple of movies. Upgraded the Netflix account too.

The kids scored big this year.. My son is about to turn 5 and he's really, really into Legos. We got him some and his grandparents brought the heat with about 8 of the big sets. My daughter got a full complement of Disney princess stuff and some baby dolls and associated stuff.

My wife also surprised me with a membership to the Harbor Freight Tools "Inside Track Club".. She figures it'll be a good thing since I shop there quite often. I think it'll backfire since I'll probably be there more often now :)

And in semi-miraculous news, we in Atlanta, GA had our first white Christmas in 130 years. It was a very special day celebrating with the family.

Hope you had a blessed Christmas and I hope your new year is equally blessed!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Sounds like a great Christmas indeed!!

My lovely children gave me an iPad.

I gave my son a guitar. He'd had his eye on a certain one at the music store for awhile, but went to get it & it had been sold. I wish I could tell you it was me that got it, but no, we had to chose a different (and more expensive of course), model.

I gave my daughter a new fancy cell phone. Some new fangled thing, Evo I think it's called.

My son gave his sister a nice wireless printer, and she gave him a nice waterproof, hand held HD camera from Kodak. Guess who's gonna borrow it for a ride or two?? Heh heh...

Over all it was a good Christmas here too....

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Got a new digital camera for wife and me to share, a kinect thing for our xbox so we can all dance around like fools and look stupid, a couple of bluray movies and my son at home got a gps for his car and son not at home got some money ($200)before xmas for a old bmw car 1988 of which he has already blown up. My wife also got a promise note from me that I would build a small paddock for her horse before winter, now what was the number of a fencing contractor? Could also count we going to malaysia in our winter in June as christmas presents.

No bike stuff this year

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wife and I gave each other a kitchen remodel complete with new cabinets, new wood floor, load support beam, headaches, backaches, splinters, bruises, etc.

Oh! Also scored some Shift Torrent Motorcycle Gloves and a Mike's Shield (touring) for the big green 09.:D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Food Poisoning!

I'm not joking, the day after was a total loss.
Not from the Family Christmas meal.
But maybe the moring one at that breakfast joint that starts with the letter
D and ends with S

·
Registered
286 Posts
Linde wins.

I'm going to hold out and see what the prices do. I read some of the reviews and while I think that MS1200S is really cool, and really sexy, it's just got way more "Stuff" than I need.

Knowing myself, I think I'd regret buying one, but again, we'll see what the used market does.

Tiger 1050s are getting inexpensive, relatively speaking.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Linde wins.

I'm going to hold out and see what the prices do. I read some of the reviews and while I think that MS1200S is really cool, and really sexy, it's just got way more "Stuff" than I need.
I initially thought so too. But I'm now finding myself using all the "stuff" daily, and I love it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Of all the bikes I sat on at the recent International MC show in Seattle, I liked that one the best by far (except in red). Good for you Martin! From the look on your face in the picture, you had obviously already ridden it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I got a Smartwool (merino wool) long sleeved shirt.

GREAT base layer stuff, keeps you warm when it is cold and cool when it is warm, more so than the Under Armour and equivalent man-made materials, which I have used for years.
And the merino wool refuses to be stinky at the end of the day, like the poly shirts do.

...almost as good as a Ducati. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
My wife commissioned an artist in Alberta to do a painting of a motorcycle (NOT a Harley, she said...) for me, and gave me this card of it as a copy so I'd know what I'm getting. Apparently it's fairly large, and reflections in the antique Indian motorcycle are of me. :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
My wife commissioned an artist in Alberta to do a painting of a motorcycle (NOT a Harley, she said...) for me, and gave me this card of it as a copy so I'd know what I'm getting. Apparently it's fairly large, and reflections in the antique Indian motorcycle are of me. :clap:
VERY nice!!! That is an excellent gift! Very thoughtful...

·
Registered
89 Posts
didnt we go over this already

got another helmet

test ride....(its not scratched Ed its fast, like you):D....see me doing like 250kmh..on the back wheel...:thumb:

Merry Christmas everybody

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got a set of Ogio bags and a tail bag to match, alonq with a new Vortex 44 Tooth sprocket and some nice slick bar end mirrors.

I know, I'm such a girl.

LOL

·
Registered
774 Posts
I got the Scala Rider Q4 set. One of them was DOA though.:( So much for quality control.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got this from the wife, but she doesn't know it yet.... wait, wha'd you say? :nono: Yeah, I'm in big trouble for not telling her first, but craig's list is sometimes too alluring. Since the pic is low res, the bike is a '95 KLX250. This will allow me to romp around and not trash my V.

1995 Kawasaki KLX250.jpg

Martin and his Duc still on top...wow.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got an rc helicopter which I made my wife buy me after seeing it in the mall. Although I got it a couple weeks early so I could learn how to fly it because my nephew got one too.

I also got a book---"they call me baba booey"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts