Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Technically earlier this week, but I'm almost finished building a bike rack for the motorcycle. Used the holes on the Givi rack to mount up some fake bars to mount a regular bike tray and an extra metal bar to stop the rear from bouncing so much. Car went kaput and now the moto's all I got. When you gotta ride, you gotta ride. View attachment 181319 View attachment 181320
Wow. I've never seen anything like that before. That's just cool. Enjoy mountain bike trail riding.

Actually I had to rub my eyes and double check those pictures. That's some dedication there.

I wish I had my Raleigh Mojave 2.0 mountain bike still. It was a nice bike until someone stole it. Not sure I'd buy another bicycle because of that.

Have fun.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,411 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Its was 78 degrees here in Florida yesterday, so I went on a typical Sunday ride to check out this large mouth bass pond. I sometimes take the X300 on fishing expeditions.

Also, a pic of my compact fishing gear. Waistpack tackle box, telescopic rod & reel, portable folding camp chair.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Been doing a lot of slow speed practicing and also checking out my cold weather gear. Keeping toasty warm in 27F with high winds. Only my fingers got a bit cold while on a one hour ride at moderate ( 45-55 mph) speeds.
Today was much warmer, high 40's and I had to open vents! I hope that when the warmer weather comes around I can keep cool because this gear is WARM!
Since my last post I added the GIVI engine guard, Madstad windscreen, RAM phone mount, and the Barkbusters. Without a doubt (and without heated grips) these made it possible to ride in sub freezing temps with my current gloves... Just under 300 miles on her now.

·
Super Moderator
20,411 Posts
...and the Barkbusters. Without a doubt (and without heated grips) these made it possible to ride in sub freezing temps with my current gloves... Just under 300 miles on her now....
Some years ago I posted that having hand-guards WILL help keep your hands warmer. An 'Inmate' disagreed, despite me quoting some statistics about WINDCHILL.

I NOW have KOSO Apollo heated grips on BOTH my bikes, and I find it hard to believe that it took me SO LONG to finally get them (thanks to Joe ("weljo") for the 'push'...!).

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Installed RKA side bags. Got them used at a good price. Not for heavy duty work but for light grocery shopping around town and short day trips, perfect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I posted these on the Riders Pics forum but thought I'd also share them here. I recently added the Mosko tank bag and the little bracket I made to hold my RAM phone holder. This frees up handlebar space for other things and also keeps the phone in one place while riding, instead of moving with the handlebars.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good looking bike. I've never really cared for the new large Versys graphics on the new models, but the bike looks sharp in white.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I posted these on the Riders Pics forum but thought I'd also share them here. I recently added the Mosko tank bag and the little bracket I made to hold my RAM phone holder. This frees up handlebar space for other things and also keeps the phone in one place while riding, instead of moving with the handlebars.
View attachment 181578
I did something similar. Yours is probably more stable, but I also won't be back out with the bike for a few months to test it out.

·
Registered
Vx300
133 Posts
I was tempted to take a spin today in MI, A balmy 44F. Roads were all wet and I didn’t feel like dealing with all that. So I settled for firing it up in the garage and let it get up to temp, twisted the throttle a few times. I’ll likely gear up for a frigid weekend ride mid-30s and pull the battery after. The rear tire is due for replacement 7k on factory rubber. Looking at putting an Avon Trailrider on it next.

·
Super Moderator
20,411 Posts
...I’ll likely gear up for a frigid weekend ride mid-30s and pull the battery after....
Riding at "mid MINUS 30S" - you're WAY tougher than I am!

;)

121 - 140 of 145 Posts