Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
3D printed a seat riser for my Versys-X 300. After a 7hr riding day yesterday, the seat concepts replacement has come up to the top of my list.

I wanted to see if there was anything I can do in the meantime, as shipping from US to AU takes quite a while. Came across the following on Thingiverse: Seat Riser Block - Kawasaki Versys by rawkstar320

It helps! Raises the front of the seat creating more of a bucket for my ass.

Happy to print these out for others if desired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
More mods:
  • SW-Motech Trax Adventure Top Box
  • OEM Relay to enable accessory power rail
  • Dual-port USB charger with quickcharge and voltmeter
104666841_275608216825237_5067264409700949078_n.jpg

103688076_266554808094526_594700912695727939_n.jpg

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
147 Posts
A small COVID request.

Is there anyone among us residing in Portland, Oregon in the USA?

One of my friends' daughters is working there for the past 3 years after her MS in Civil Engg. Due to COVID, neither the father nor the daughter have been able to fly out from their respective countries to meet each other; the parents reside in India.

Anybody out there, please pm me as early as possible.

·
Registered
2019 Versys x300
37 Posts
Added driving lights and the Kawasaki crash bars, mostly because the Kawasaki bars already had a place to mount the lights. The brackets attached to the Kawasaki bars are rack ears for some piece of computer equipment that I had in my junk bins. I also added a voltmeter and dual USB charging sockets while I had the dash apart to do the wiring. The USB charging sockets are hidden under the rubber cover and the voltmeter has a cutout in the rubber cover so I can see the voltage while the cover is closed.
How did you tap to the power for lights? On/off switch?
I'm trying to diy lights and wanted to use that white connector dangling behind the headlamp. Wonder if it's hot with ignition on...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its not going to be hot unless you install the $20.00 Kawasaki Aux relay.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Installed that enlarged foot for the kickstand from AdentureTech. For about $35, it was well worth the money. Especially now where I've been taking the bike. Parking on grassy areas, and under underpasses, hills, etc.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
3D printed a seat riser for my Versys-X 300. After a 7hr riding day yesterday, the seat concepts replacement has come up to the top of my list.

I wanted to see if there was anything I can do in the meantime, as shipping from US to AU takes quite a while. Came across the following on Thingiverse: Seat Riser Block - Kawasaki Versys by rawkstar320

It helps! Raises the front of the seat creating more of a bucket for my ass.

Happy to print these out for others if desired.

View attachment 179196
More mods:
  • SW-Motech Trax Adventure Top Box
  • OEM Relay to enable accessory power rail
  • Dual-port USB charger with quickcharge and voltmeter
View attachment 179274

View attachment 179276 View attachment 179277
Hi, Can you tell me what box plates you needed to order to fit the SW Motech Topbox? I have a spare top box, same as you, but SW Motech is not making clear about which plates are needed. I guess you have the plastic one?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Installed the T-rex center stand this morning, tried using the T-Rex video, but they use a different spring than the one that is sent. A huge thanks to @Walter John for the tip to remove the center stand bumper before installation, made it much easier to install! I used the hole directly above the mounting point as a base for leverage and used a long screwdriver to slide the spring on. Note: must use a screwdriver that does NOT flare out, must be the same diameter all the way down to the head, otherwise the spring clips will slide off.

This one is adjustable which I think would be handy for those with bulkier tires, someone else can confirm that. With stock tires, I left two full holes exposed and that gave me clearance to move the rear tire freely, there's still one set of holes left which can give a little more ground clearance.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I only worked on her for a few min but I removed the pair system View attachment 164199 and installed the block off plate View attachment 164191 . Then I found out healtech has the wrong ends on there connectors for there pair solenoid removal plug View attachment 164193 . Then I removed the clutch side bar weight and installed the barkbuster back bone View attachment 164195 .

Side note bike is alredy stripped for coolent flush and instal of a inline temp sensor for Trail Tech Voyager Pro gps. View attachment 164197
I did not have the block off plate, so I just closed the reed valve with epoxy as well as the openings in the airbox, and solenoid. I just let the selenoid hang there. it is not much more obtrusive than the additional plug.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, Can you tell me what box plates you needed to order to fit the SW Motech Topbox? I have a spare top box, same as you, but SW Motech is not making clear about which plates are needed. I guess you have the plastic one?
Hi Kris, I had replaced the stock adventure rack with the sw-motech alu adventure rack (SW-Motech Alu Rack Kawasaki Versys X300 '17-), then the adapter plate for the alu-rack (SW-Motech Alu Rack Adapter Plate for Mounting to TraX Top Cases).

This let me mount the adventure alu top case.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi Kris, I had replaced the stock adventure rack with the sw-motech alu adventure rack (SW-Motech Alu Rack Kawasaki Versys X300 '17-), then the adapter plate for the alu-rack (SW-Motech Alu Rack Adapter Plate for Mounting to TraX Top Cases).

This let me mount the adventure alu top case.
hadricus, thanks a lot. I have just recently realized it as well, but I already ordered the Hepco rack and box. So it is too late. If i don't like the hepco box, I will take the other option. TraX to Case is top quality. but I prefer the steel plate rather than the alu-rack. i have in in V1

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have replaced the chain with RK GXW, which looks like a solid chain that can pull 1000cc bikes. I have the riveting tool, so that job was easy. Had to take out a few links, as the RK chain came with 120links. The OEM chain started to rust after 2000km! And I do lubricate my chains...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like it! Great idea and you're right...$30 - $35... Why pay a whole lot more?
Talking about the tidy tail? I agree the only thing was it came with no instructions and you did kind of have to realize that you are literally supposed to "break" some inserts out... I mean I figured it out but it's not entirely intuitive.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, I realize that. I've ordered many things on Ebay - aux lights, center stand, hand guards...fraction of the cost but you're on your own come installation.
What I like about your tidy tail is that it transform the adventure bike to a naked bike. Take off the windscreen...plus the weight savings.
Like I said, I like it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks I like it too, I just can't stand rear fenders. Have no intention of turning it into a non-adventure bike. My old bike was even "tidier" and even more adventurous.

·
Registered
588 Posts
while not aesthetically pleasing, the rear fender serves its purpose, especially if you ride in rain or mud. After the tail tidy that I ordered from R&G broke on my crf250, I stay away from them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Today I have replaced the turn signals with LED ones. Or rather, I changed the rear ones as they stick too much out, and I am always afraid of hitting something. I kept the front ones, as all the LED turns signals I have are too short and would be hidden behind the headlight fairing. So I just fitted in the front LED bulbs. As to the rear signals, they are very nice and bright. I got them from TST with all the adapters for both the holes and wires. I also fitted LED bulb as the braking light.
turn signals.jpg
turn signals 2.jpg

81 - 100 of 141 Posts