Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride with Smokin Joe yesterday up ACH. On the way back we stopped at Newcombs Ranch for a break. Parking the bikes i noticed a Ducati Monster in front of me and the rear tire was worn down to the cords. I wouldn't ride that bike around the block with that tire. Grabbed a seat close by while Joe went in to get a drink. When he came out i told him to go check out the tire on the Duc. He did we also noticed the front tire was pretty smooth so we we discussing how we wouldn't ride on a tire like that especially on these roads and out in the middle of nowhere. We figured the guy didn't know or he knew and didn't care or maybe it was a young guy on a tight budget that didn't know any better. I decided if he came out while we were there i'd point it out, knowing he might just tell me to kiss off. We head to our bikes and an older guy looking like he's headed to the race track with all the gear on goes to the Duc. I walk over to him and say Hello, How Are You? He give me a big dismissive look and lowers his head. So i turn around walk over to Joe and said "F" him. Joe looks at me and say did you say something I said i tried but he didn't seem to want to be bothered. So we went on our way. I get up this morning feeling i still should have pointed it out anyway no matter how big a douche the guy was.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Coming back into Canada at the border crossing from Skagway, the bike ahead had cord showing in the center of his tire. I asked the Customs officer if I could approach and tell him. I told him, but his response was that... "Oh there's LOTS left" and he left.

:eek: - :confused:

Like you Joe - I would NOT have ridden on it, but I didn't see him in the ditch....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
That is a tough one…. I think I would have said something anyways, just for my own continence. I think it’s the same with waving to other riders, I have seen many riders wave to each other, yet when they stop they are complete @$$ clowns and could not be bothered to have the same level of comradery as they did when passing them on the road. Even when a potentially life threatening situation is presented.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I would have pulled up my jacket a little until he saw I was CCW than I would have told him about the tire. His response would have been thank you Sir, and that would have been the end of that! :clap:

Thank you! ;) :D

:joke: . . . :badidea:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have pulled up my jacket a little until he saw I was CCW than I would have told him about the tire. His response would have been thank you Sir, and that would have been the end of that! :clap:

Thank you! ;) :D

:joke: . . . :badidea:

Well when they start giving Ex-Felons a CCW. I'll do that...:):)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Went for a ride with Smokin Joe yesterday up ACH. On the way back we stopped at Newcombs Ranch for a break. Parking the bikes i noticed a Ducati Monster in front of me and the rear tire was worn down to the cords. I wouldn't ride that bike around the block with that tire. Grabbed a seat close by while Joe went in to get a drink. When he came out i told him to go check out the tire on the Duc. He did we also noticed the front tire was pretty smooth so we we discussing how we wouldn't ride on a tire like that especially on these roads and out in the middle of nowhere. We figured the guy didn't know or he knew and didn't care or maybe it was a young guy on a tight budget that didn't know any better. I decided if he came out while we were there i'd point it out, knowing he might just tell me to kiss off. We head to our bikes and an older guy looking like he's headed to the race track with all the gear on goes to the Duc. I walk over to him and say Hello, How Are You? He give me a big dismissive look and lowers his head. So i turn around walk over to Joe and said "F" him. Joe looks at me and say did you say something I said i tried but he didn't seem to want to be bothered. So we went on our way. I get up this morning feeling i still should have pointed it out anyway no matter how big a douche the guy was.
I think I would've done what you did.
I like being helpful to others but I also like to mind my own business. I probably would started out helpful and if it wasn't well received, gone straight to "mind my own business" mode.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I was following a car the other night that had no tail lights, I pulled up beside him at the traffic lights and said mate you have no tail lights, he said yeah I know. ..... WTF?

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
I would have said something... Dude seems like your going bald!

...then run if he doesn't get it!

or hand him a nomination for a Darwin award.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well you gave it a try. He was the one that decided you did not have anything he wanted to hear. To each his own. At least he was geared for the SLIDE...

·
Registered
805 Posts
He is just going to get his dose of karma. You tried to be nice he was a dink -> karma gives him a blowout on the highway. That's how it works.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I would have slowly drawn my fire arm and if he smarted off at all I would pistol wipe the hell out of him. ;)

CCW :thumb:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Tell him anyways. Never rely on first impression with fellow riders.

·
Registered
643 Posts
If you have a gun, just shoot out the tire, problem solved. I would have stuck a note on his bike telling him what a stupid move riding on that tire is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts