Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are mine:
First Ride:
1964 Honda 150cc Dream in 1964 - belonged to a fellow San Pedro Restaurant busboy and high school friend.

First Bike:
1969 Kawasaki 250cc Sidewinder in 1969 - Bought while stationed at Beale AFB, California.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Here is my first bike, used to use this 80 cc beast all around the river beds and gave it heaps. Not sure what model this thing is, any help would be good as I just cant remember.

2nd bike is me sitting on my Suzuki TS 185

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
All i can remember is that it was a blue honda 50...

·
Registered
549 Posts
My first for both was a 1979 Dt250 Bought it from My cousin at the age of 15
I paid $500 for it in 1985 working For $3.35 an hour. That took a long time just to save up that.
Here is what it looked like. This is not my pic but one I found on the internet

·
Registered
217 Posts
My frist ride was on a 1972 Honda 175
My frist bike was a 1976 Kwaasaki KZ 900
Now day`s ,, my 09 V is all most as fast as the old KZ but much
more fun.:cool:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
My first ride was on a Rupp mini bike. Then I begged a ride on any dirt bike that I could.

Didn't own my first bike until I was 19. A four year old 1977 Yamaha XS750 with full touring kit.

Mine was silver and blue, but had every accessory available. I did not realise how technologically advanced the bike was until a couple years ago when I researched the bike. The beauty part was that the fairing could come off with four bolts and an connector and the original headlight and turns was sitting there ready to use. The perfect UJM bike. Ready for touring and cruising the beach.

·
Banned
895 Posts
My 1st ride was on an unroadworthy AJS 350 single that my friends' dad gave to him for riding in the local fields.
http://encarsglobe.com/data_images/gallery/01/ajs-350/ajs-350-04.jpg

& my 1st bike was a Honda CB250 twin because it was the biggest bike you were allowed to ride while displaying L plates at the time (1970!!!)

http://hondacarsreviews.com/image/927fae73

PS, my favourite bike EVER (or so far) was the 1998 VFR800fix that I owned from new until leaving GB to emigrate to America in 2006.
http://www.simonevans.co.uk/v-four/vfr800.htm

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
First ride was a friend's minibike where his dad would carry it and us to a deserted place on base and we'd do timed runs.

My first bike was a stripped for the dirt (to young for street riding anyway) Kawasaki F7 175. My best friend and I would ride our bikes right after school until dark most days. We use to drill and do all sorts of s*%t to our bikes to try to lighten them or look more pro. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
1980 gs550l

Here is mine. Great bike. Bought it in 2008. I still ride it a bunch too. Even though the versys is quite a bit better.

It has over 32,000 miles on it. Speedometer quit a few weeks ago though. I put on just over 3,000 on it this summer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Here is mine. Great bike. Bought it in 2008. I still ride it a bunch too. Even though the versys is quite a bit better.

It has over 32,000 miles on it. Speedometer quit a few weeks ago though. I put on just over 3,000 on it this summer.

Bought one of those new in junior year of high school put a matching full fairing on it with a stereo. Sold it to a friend when i bought a new GS1000L

·
Registered
692 Posts
My first bike was a Huffy Bandit. It was won in a raffle at Stator Bros. grocery store. I popped my first wheelie and first endo on it. Man, I loved that bike.

·
Registered
596 Posts
First ride, can't remember all, but ones that stand out are: home-made minibike at 10 yrs old, Harley Davidson on/off 175cc at 14 years, and a few other "borrowed" rides before I was 18.
Bought my first bike years later at 26 yrs old - a 1982 Yamaha XS 650SJ, Heritage Special.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts