Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't wish to mess with your plans, but have you considered the Kaoko lock?

http://tinyurl.com/kaoko

I've grown to really like it. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but it is very easy to use and very effective. I even sometimes dial in a bit of friction when riding fast just to avoid chopping the throttle on bumpy roads.
HTH
d

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a Concours with a Throttlemeister and just hated it. Love the simplicity of the little thumb switch. Of course the Concours was a lard-ass anyway - most boring bike I ever owned. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a response in the tech forum and apparently the NEP Cruise Control CC-2 is the one I need. I had the Universal Vista Cruise on me old TransAlp and it worked great but looked kind of cheap and nasty. Do you ahve the slim small one or the one that goes around the grip like wot I had??

Thanks. Les

·
Registered
365 Posts
around the grip type, yeah cheap looking but more effective than the throttlemeister, if it does the job, why spend more, i did a slight mod to mine, i like the fingertip control

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah although I appreciate the craftsmanship of the throttlemeister I always found it very counter-intuitive to use and as a result perceived it as dangerous. Just a flick of the thumb seems so natural. I would imagine the other bar end types operate like the TM. And $100+! waaay too much for IMHO a clumsy solution.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had the Universal Vista Cruise on me old TransAlp and it worked great but looked kind of cheap and nasty.
I have an NEP on the V-Strom and a Vista Cruise on the Versys. Granted, the universal model is different, but if you are expecting any significant differences between the plastic in the NEP and Vista Cruise you'll be disappointed. IMHO, the Vista Cruise (not universal) has a smoother operation, the NEP always requires more deliberate action to disengage. See this thread.

Gustavo

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a Concours with a Throttlemeister and just hated it. Love the simplicity of the little thumb switch. Of course the Concours was a lard-ass anyway - most boring bike I ever owned. :)
Well that's interesting - I had a 2001 Connie and put a Throttlemeister on it. The Throttlemeister was OK, but too expensive for what it accomplished. I didn't find the Concours that boring (for what was essentially a 1986 motorcycle) but it sure was a lard-ass. With the stock Versys weighing it at 400 dry vs. the old Connie's 600 dry, its easy to see why the Versys is more fun to ride. The Vista Cruise looks good and is priced right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts