Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of beating my knuckles up checking the PSI so want to go with a 90 deg stem. What size do I need a 10mm or 8mm?

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Just ordered a pair from Kurvey Girl.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thanks Just ordered a pair from Kurvey Girl.
My air pressure has been pretty constant since Dec/2014. Good, you will be the tester of these to see how they vary in air pressure. Longer valves stems are usually more chance for things to go wrong from tire busting experience a long time ago. It sounds nice however, but if that ever gets to be a problem for me, Ill get a three wheeler :D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My air pressure has been pretty constant since Dec/2014. Good, you will be the tester of these to see how they vary in air pressure. Longer valves stems are usually more chance for things to go wrong from tire busting experience a long time ago. It sounds nice however, but if that ever gets to be a problem for me, Ill get a three wheeler :D
Sounds kinda like "Here hold this bag"
while you run away!

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
I had a set on the Versys and put a set on the FJR right after i bought it. Never had an issue and made putting air in much easier...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a set on the Versys and put a set on the FJR right after i bought it. Never had an issue and made putting air in much easier...
I remember you posting about them so when you put up a link for me I whipped out my CC and ordered them. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
I remember you posting about them so when you put up a link for me I whipped out my CC and ordered them. :thumb:
There are some cheaper one out there. But certain things i don't do cheap.:goodidea:

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Make sure when they fit them that they point to the correct side of the bike!!!!

On the Versys point them to the RHS of the bike.

This means easier access when on the side stand.
As the chain is on the left side your hands will now stay clean.
Front were just harder to get too as the wheel has to be turned but it still has a lean.

My bike original owner got them put on as a freebie deal from Pirelli, tyre monkey put them on pointed to the left WTF!!!!
I got them rotated correctly when I got new rubber. People just mount them and forget about access.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are some cheaper one out there. But certain things i don't do cheap.:goodidea:

I agree with that, I don't do cheap on gear, tires or brakes...not worth it.

Yep. RH side is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Make sure when they fit them that they point to the correct side of the bike!!!!

On the Versys point them to the RHS of the bike.

This means easier access when on the side stand.
As the chain is on the left side your hands will now stay clean.
Front were just harder to get too as the wheel has to be turned but it still has a lean.

My bike original owner got them put on as a freebie deal from Pirelli, tyre monkey put them on pointed to the left WTF!!!!
I got them rotated correctly when I got new rubber. People just mount them and forget about access.
I always put mine up on the centerstand when putting air in. That way i can simultaneously check for nails in the tires too.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
I would suggest that NONE of you get the rubber 90 degree stems (ONLY the metal 90s that "bolt" on). I had rubber 90s, and suffered a flat caused by it. Replaced it w/ the straight ones like stock...!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kawdog, I have a pair of those sitting here to be installed tomorrow when the tires go on. :thumb:

They are the fanciest valve stems I've ever seen much less owned! :p

·
Registered
108 Posts
Got mine from Kurveygirl on Sat

Thanks for that link, Weljo2001. That's one of those things I'd never think about, but I bet after I have it I'll never have a bike without 'em.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Kawdog, I have a pair of those sitting here to be installed tomorrow when the tires go on. :thumb:

They are the fanciest valve stems I've ever seen much less owned! :p
Yeah, I've got them coming next week too, and the ones Joe said you can screw on each time temporarily after that since if you pop a sealed tire it's a goner. The thin rubber film on the wheel edge will disintegrate, and with the cords damaged from removing and putting back on an old tire, it's called cords of disharmony. It won't last 2,000 more miles. I've got at least 8,000 miles left on both of my tires so I'll use the $9 temporary on/off solution for now; and when I put the new tires on, that's when I'll put the Kurvey Girl's on. That's why your tire man gives you such a good deal: he knows you will be back soon because your tires will go downhill fast. You can't balance out tire degeneration.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Thanks for that link, Weljo2001. That's one of those things I'd never think about, but I bet after I have it I'll never have a bike without 'em.

:thumb::thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts