Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people who decide to ride the versys more as a dual sport have small electric air pumps. These are small enough to fit in panniers, etc.

IF you are one of those riders -- which pump do you have?

·
Registered
4,762 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I carry the Slime Power Sport (No. 40001) which is <$40. I use it for airing up after off-road excursions and emergency repair. I needed it a couple weeks ago when I picked up a nail and had to do a roadside gummy plug. The air hose connector stays good and tight on the valve stem and its easy on-off. 4”x3.5”x2” but that’s without the case, which I don’t use. It’s got a hefty electrical draw that can be too much for many lower amp rated outlets. I’ve hardwired a fused lead on each of my bikes for it. Air up on a dead flat is around three-four minutes. I use it a lot, and it’s worked well for me…no complaints. Here's a photo so you can see all that comes in the box...

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also use the slime mini pump. only had to use it once so far. its a little slow but great for emergencies. Meijers sells them for $15.00 dollars without the case.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Sorry no pumps just the bigger C2 canisters and plugs, Kolpin kit. I always travel as light as possible. Always have had great luck with canisters but they are not for everyone and most certainly not the best. Just the smallest!
:thumb: :D

If you don't have the plugs! :eek:

Ivan V that pump looks great!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Would you be so kind as to post a photo of yours sitting beside your V or on your seat so I can get a size reference? The dims on the site say only 6" tall by 3.35 diameter. That puppy is small :D This might be a good backup since it is so small. Use the power pump first and if a problem arises, work up a sweat!

Sure. I hope you can get a sense of size from these.
Mine gets a lot of work pumping up a wheelbarrow tire from nothing to about 2.5 Bar and it doesn't take much muscle.
That little pressure gauge is incorrect (on mine at least) so I use digital pressure gauge for the bike.

http://i.imgur.com/vQsRV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WQ9Jf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/w2DIH.jpg

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Sure. I hope you can get a sense of size from these.
Mine gets a lot of work pumping up a wheelbarrow tire from nothing to about 2.5 Bar and it doesn't take much muscle.
That little pressure gauge is incorrect (on mine at least) so I use digital pressure gauge for the bike.
I posted your photos so we don't have to click your links..

:thanx: for taking the time. I may pick up one of these, I like it! I see your point about electricity. My luck the auto pump would break when I really need it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I posted your photos so we don't have to click your links..

:thanx: for taking the time. I may pick up one of these, I like it! I see your point about electricity. My luck the auto pump would break when I really need it. [
I got one of those cheap, but I don't think it ever worked. I guess Ivan V's must work since he uses it.

I carry an inexpensive mini bicycle pump under my seat.

·
Registered
241 Posts
This one. It works.
I don't believe in electricity that much.

http://www.stopngo.com/products/AirRevolution-Foot-Pump-Tire-Inflator.html
Ivan, have you ever used this pump on an air mattress? I carry a slime pump for tires (low volume, high pressure) and it will not work to air up my air mattress (high volume, low pressure) when I motocamp. I have to carry a battery powered pump for the mattress and so I am carrying two pumps when I motocamp. If your foot pump will do both (the product description says it can be used on a mattress) this could be a method improvement for my camping needs. This would make me happy:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ivan, have you ever used this pump on an air mattress? I carry a slime pump for tires (low volume, high pressure) and it will not work to air up my air mattress (high volume, low pressure) when I motocamp. I have to carry a battery powered pump for the mattress and so I am carrying two pumps when I motocamp. If your foot pump will do both (the product description says it can be used on a mattress) this could be a method improvement for my camping needs. This would make me happy:D
Olegeezer -- I would recommend tyring not to use a hand pump for blowing up a mattress. It takes forever and is a real pain in the butt :)

I use large coleman one for mine, but man, it really kicks my butt, especially if it is 80 degrees outside :).

·
Registered
241 Posts
Olegeezer -- I would recommend tyring not to use a hand pump for blowing up a mattress. It takes forever and is a real pain in the butt :)

I use large coleman one for mine, but man, it really kicks my butt, especially if it is 80 degrees outside :).
Naudan, I also use the coleman, heavy, 4D battery version. Pain in the arse to carry two pumps. Maybe I could just work on a method to eliminate the mattress which is also big and heavy. The slime pump is cheap, small and works well for the rare occasion when I need it for tar inflation.

·
Registered
859 Posts

I haven't used it on mattresses, but I know of some great camping mats. :)

I guess it would be possible to do it with the pump (it comes with a few extensions for different valves) but since it's so tiny it displaces tiny amount of air.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is that airman pump the replacement for the sparrow? I still carry the co2 cartridges but may ask for a pump next christmas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts