Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
It certainly makes sense to contact them if you're unsure, but since the second one says it's for Susuki and the third one says it's for Honda, I'd go with the first. The description says the first one fits all single cable throttles (the V is single) except a couple of Yamahas.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - that's all I needed to know - the single cable business. The previous thread which i looked at did not mention that/

Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
21 Posts
The description says the first one fits all single cable throttles (the V is single) except a couple of Yamahas.
the "v" is not a single.
the versys has a push-pull cable set up. (2) yes two cables.
bad information is worse than no information.
this is not to say that the first one would not work, it may.
just sayin is all.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
the "v" is not a single.
the versys has a push-pull cable set up. (2) yes two cables.
Also, keep in mind that in our case it's irrelevant. The throttle cables are completely enclosed by the switch housing, you can't use them to hold the throttle lock in place. You'll have to improvise a way to secure it in place.

Gustavo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys - curiouser and curiouser. I'll have to call SoCal, they don;t seem to have an email link for asking questions.

I appreciate the input.

Les

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
This was my solution, works great to give your right hand a rest on long trips.

Just have to replace the top bolt with a longer one and put in small spacer.

Machog

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've used the o-ring solution before. It does work, but not as well as a throttle lock does (but about as well as a throttlemeister... :(). If you don't want to spend more than one dollar, that is indeed the best solution, but both NEP and Vista Cruise are bargains at ~$20 because they make using the throttle lock much more convenient, maybe even safer.

Gustavo

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the NEP, honda version, on my Versys. I have a NEP on my other bike and like it.

It took some fiddling. I dremeled the tongue to fit the curvature of the switch housing, opened the switch housing to see how much plastic was there, drilled both the NEP and the switch housing very shallow (maybe 1/8 inch into the housing) and put in a set screw.

Measure twice, drill once :).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks imortlfool. Makes me want to reconsider. Not quite the simple procedure I imagined! Although in reality maybe that's not so hard to do.

Les

1 - 12 of 12 Posts