Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
It is sad to say, but Old Kowalski is starting to collect dust. Since I got my 2010 BMW F800ST, it has become my main steed.

Randy

·
Registered
167 Posts
highly modified 2007 KLR650 Biffy Bullfrog

2015 Indian Scout Sopowa:

Why won't my pics show?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had 4 Kawasaki's, but sold my 2011 Concours 1400 and my KLR 685 this year. I'm down to only 2 bikes, the 2015 Versys 650 and my 1984 KZ1100R which is in the Dreamcycle Museum for now. Weird with only 1 bike in the garage...

·
Registered
603 Posts
My other ride is my electric 29er trail bike. Depending on the tires you can have alot of fun riding trails and mountain bike runs. The part I like is going up the mountain on this. Its also my city bike,dont like riding the Kawi in the big city. I compromise with the rubber,run all terrain tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
My other “ride” is a 1999 Jeep Wrangler.
My other "other ride" is a 2000 Roadtrek 200Versatile camper van. It gets me and the trailer holding a motorcycle to the fun riding areas and is good for boondock camping for two weeks at a time before needing more water and tanks dumped. A person can be a lot more flexible and frugal when looking for spots to camp when you "bring it all with you." Most of my camping is at USFS or BLM dispersed camping areas, at least out west.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My other "other ride" is a 2000 Roadtrek 200Versatile camper van. It gets me and the trailer holding a motorcycle to the fun riding areas and is good for boondock camping for two weeks at a time before needing more water and tanks dumped. A person can be a lot more flexible and frugal when looking for spots to camp when you "bring it all with you." Most of my camping is at USFS or BLM dispersed camping areas, at least out west.
sounds like a great setup.

·
Registered
822 Posts
sounds like a great setup.
I can't think of a better way to see North America. I'm now actually hanging out in it, the A/C went down in the house and it could be a few days to get it repaired with Dorian in the neighborhood, though it pretty much looks like it will be a non event where I live.

·
Registered
31 Posts
one is a very well set up adventure touring KLR 685, 08 model with 50k miles on it.
the other is my 2012 concours 14.with 36k miles set up for long haul/rally duty. i bought it as a new leftover in 14 after putting 140k on the previous one

Im enamored of both, and spent LOT of time and money on them getting them to where i wanted them set up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My other bike at the moment is a 2018 Indian Springfield Dark Horse. I've put 50,000 kms on it in less than two years, which means the Versys has been spending too much time in the shed. I got it out a week ago and have been reminding myself why it's such a great bike. So I thought I'd poke my head in here again and see what's been happening in V-World.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
My other bike is an 07 stage 2, 1250 Bandit. Not comfy for long rides,(at my age) but oh how she can light up my life!! :grin2: Still haven't ridden my "new" 15 Versys yet, but at least 1 day in the 50's is in the forecast, finally!

·
Super Moderator
19,436 Posts
My "other" bike is another V650....>:)

My other bike is an 07 stage 2, 1250 Bandit. Not comfy for long rides,(at my age) but oh how she can light up my life!! :grin2: Still haven't ridden my "new" 15 Versys yet, but at least 1 day in the 50's is in the forecast, finally!
First time I rode to Alaska was on my '03 Bandit 1200S, in '04. (SOMEWHERE I have a pic... but WHERE...?)

GREAT trip!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Forza 300 2019 for city use and storage purposes when going shopping trip

21 - 40 of 58 Posts