Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
But it never really gets a name, it's just a feeling of the persona of the bike that I take with me (or bring back home).

It depends on:

its age/mileage (enough events and experience make it change): could it be Nina, Shirley, Mona...?

its look (clean or dirty, scratched or repolished): would it be Candy or Ruth?

its smell (came back from woods dirt, farm dirt, bugs, etc...): could it be Cendrine, Amber, Beatrix, Mindy?

its tires: road tires don't really inspire much, but knobbies are getting the first boys names: could it be Greg for grip? Tony for traction? Wally for worn?

its load: Luna for light or no load, Marvin (like the big headed robot in hitchhikers guide to galaxy), Roxy as in boxy (with sidecases).

its behavior (well, mine mostly, depend which persona in taking with me): right now, there is only one name that comes out: "common TARS!".

You could ask me which animal it reminds me and you would probably have many more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The versys is dizzy Lizzy. The tw200 was dub the donkey. Baja bug 1 and 2 were Olivia. Big trucks were presidents like big teddy (91 eb bronco), old hickory (79 bronco) and my first mustang was silver wings or my darling girl. After 20 or so I don’t really name them as often anymore. Must be getting less sentimental.

·
Registered
439 Posts
My wife always gets the jump on me and names my bikes before I get a chance. She's not very creative but somehow the names always stick.

She called my Ninja, "Green Bike".

For the Versys she gave it two names, you guessed it, "Orange Bike" and also, "Verseas" with an emphasis on the seas part.

She hasn't named the Interceptor yet, I think the three different colors are throwing her off.

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
...She hasn't named the Interceptor yet, I think the three different colors are throwing her off.

How about "Old Glory" for the colors, AND the fact that it's a BIT older...?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I named mine "Overtime" officially, but it's just "my bike" colloquially.

One of the Harley guys at work calls it "Kawacrappy" and me "Tim Man", so I remind him his trike doesn't belong in motorcycle parking. We have a good time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Uncanny Resemblance

When I brought my “semi-new” Versys 1000 LT home from the dealer last week, my eldest son happened to be in the garage and yelled “Edgar!” I said whaaa??? He said “the front of your bike looks exactly like Edgar the giant cockroach from the original Men In Black movie!” As he stood and marveled at the front of the bike, I dismounted and walked around to stand beside him, and danged if he wasn’t right – the resemblance is uncanny! So obviously the name has stuck – Edgar it is!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
Beautiful. Machinery has its own innate beauty to me. I do a great deal of photography that focuses on it. It’s always been my muse. I try to capture it beautifully. :smile2:
Me TOO!

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
That’s actually quite good. Though I would feel a bit strange about a Japanese bike sharing a nickname with the American Flag.
No reason to - remember that it TOO was an "import" as are we ALL!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
When I brought my “semi-new” Versys 1000 LT home from the dealer last week, my eldest son happened to be in the garage and yelled “Edgar!” I said whaaa??? He said “the front of your bike looks exactly like Edgar the giant cockroach from the original Men In Black movie!” As he stood and marveled at the front of the bike, I dismounted and walked around to stand beside him, and danged if he wasn’t right – the resemblance is uncanny! So obviously the name has stuck – Edgar it is!
This has stuck with me to the point I'm calling mine Edgar now, as well. It's just too perfect.

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
I KNOW it's NOT a motorcycle, but - when I was in the RCAF - I had a '72 Corvette that one of the other pilots 'nick-named' the "Plastic Pig". I EVEN ended up w/ a key-chain of a cartoon pig for it....

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I call my bike "Macho Man" like Randy Savage.:grin2:

Reactions: Shibumik
41 - 60 of 63 Posts