Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alaskajeff
Yes they are cedar. 1/4" thick x 3/4 wide. Then epoxy soaked and wrapped w/ fiberglass cloth. Same method as building a stripper canoe. They come in at about 10# each. A little heavy but..... If I get it up to Alaska next year or so I may be glad of the kindling - or put 1 on each foot and paddle down the Yukon River

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I gotta ask about those panniers?! Are they REALLY wooden? I guess if you run out of firewood........:wink2:
In his other thread he said they are made the same way you make a cedar strip canoe. Probably don't want to burn the fiberglass and resin, but you could definitely float the Versys down river! :wink2:j

Oops. Didn't see Psjeff's response before posting this. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts
Curious Eddie. Which version do you prefer? V-2 or V-3?
Tim - they're Gen 1 and Gen 3.

Some of the Gen 1 'bits' are WAY SUPERIOR to the Gen 3 ones: headlights come to mind, plus Ma Kawi actually made wire-looms w/ enough wire to WORK ON things!

Some of the Gen 3 'bits' are WAY SUPERIOR to the Gen 1 ones: instrumentation, trip computor, ease of removing side-fairings, fuel economy.

Pretty sure there are MORE....

>:)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Tim - they're Gen 1 and Gen 3.

Some of the Gen 1 'bits' are WAY SUPERIOR to the Gen 3 ones: headlights come to mind, plus Ma Kawi actually made wire-looms w/ enough wire to WORK ON things!

Some of the Gen 3 'bits' are WAY SUPERIOR to the Gen 1 ones: instrumentation, trip computor, ease of removing side-fairings, fuel economy.

Pretty sure there are MORE....

>:)
I would add much better vibration damping on the gen 3.

I rode a pristine 2014 V-650 prior to getting my 2015 and the damping on my 2015 was noticeably better.

Foot peg position is more forward and comfortable on the 2015 too.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
my husband named it sylvester because when he was negotiating the trade for it he couldnt remember versys or didnt wanna tell me what it was (not really sure) and it kinda stuck

Attachments

Reactions: Shibumik

·
Registered
167 Posts
I call my dog 'dog', my wife 'wife' and my bike 'bike'. Don't like to complicate things much.
What do you call the rest of your bikes?

Reactions: Shibumik

·
Registered
166 Posts
Keeping it simple (so I can remember) I Call my Versys "Versys", My KlX 250/350
"KLX", my Honda "Honda" or 450, which ever comes to mind first. For that matter
Car is called " Car", Pickup is called "Pickup.

:smile2:

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wish you still had it today?

I owned a Ferrari with a vanity tag that read ITLDO. Everyone read it as DILDO though, somewhat reducing its originated intent. Oh well, girls still liked riding in it. It gave them great pleasure.

Reactions: sedro tom

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts
Wish you still had it today?...
Not really. Bought it back in '87 and had it the LONGEST I've ever owned a vehicle - 21 years!

[BTW - it had a 340hp 327, c/r 4 speed, and would do 65mph in FIRST gear (at red-line!). Surprised a FEW guys over the years....]>:)

I felt that it was time for someone else to enjoy it.

...I owned a Ferrari with a vanity tag that read ITLDO. Everyone read it as DILDO though, somewhat reducing its originated intent. Oh well, girls still liked riding in it. It gave them great pleasure.
I always figured that IF I got a 'vanity plate', it would be GR8D8B8.

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Pretty car.

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts
Pretty car.
Here's some more....:wink2:

The pic of the Vette from in front of "Castle Mountain", Canadian Rockies in Banff Nat'l Park.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Beautiful. Machinery has its own innate beauty to me. I do a great deal of photography that focuses on it. It’s always been my muse. I try to capture it beautifully. :smile2:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 63 Posts