Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what function the empthy bracket is for on the starboard side under the tank. Having never had the pleasure of seeing another live V, I have no idea. I have noted pics of V's withthe same non occupied bracket.

(see area highlighted in yellow at top of pic)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
Are you suggesting that the V is a Boat?

RHS for land vehicles.

I have ABS on my Versys, and there is a bracket further forward and up hidden by the side faring to hold the ABS hard lines.

I think that is a custom bracket someone has put there for something to attach too.

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I believe it is a fairing mount for the Ninja 650 or Er6n which shared the frames with the Versys for awile. I hung a grenade pin from mine.

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks i liked it there....
hey, mr. wells---I have a ? ---did you use any fasteners on your front fender extender or just glue? I had one laying around for about 6 months and stuck it on a few days ago with some glue but nothing else. there was some kind of little do-dads that came with it --I don't even know where they are now

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
hey, mr. wells---I have a ? ---did you use any fasteners on your front fender extender or just glue? I had one laying around for about 6 months and stuck it on a few days ago with some glue but nothing else. there was some kind of little do-dads that came with it --I don't even know where they are now

I just used the Gorilla Glue Epoxy worked like a charm..

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
Thanks for reminding me, I need to mount my BadBoy.
Its seems to be a thing with me. Not much room under the plastics on the FJR. So a buddy of mine that is a machinist made a bracket for me...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
295 Posts
Can someone tell me what function the empthy bracket is for on the starboard side under the tank. Having never had the pleasure of seeing another live V, I have no idea. I have noted pics of V's withthe same non occupied bracket.

That is a mounting point for the metal brake hoses, when ABS is fitted. :)

See attached extract of page page 17-30 of the 2007-9 workshop manual :thumb:

Richard :D

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gigitt, sorry for using old boat references. And no, I do not thnk my wonderful V is a boat. I'll make sure to use LHS and RHS references in the future, and quit calling the bars the steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
19,772 Posts

I thought everyone knew that THAT is one of the 'hardpoints' for mounting up an AIM9 Sidewinder....

:nono:

... I hung a grenade pin from mine....
They were out of AIM9s when Joe did his....

:cool:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

That's where the fetzer valve would go if you had one, thank god it's all ball bearings these days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts