Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a couple of Kawasaki decals to put on my Versys. I was going to put them on the frame under the right and left fairing. Upon closer inspection I noticed these two rivets on the right side of the bike right where I was going to put one of the decals. Does anyone know why these rivets are even there? I had a look and they don't seem to have any purpose. They are not holding anything together and they do not hold anything to the bike. They are just there. The bike is a 2011.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I had the same question a while back and Googled pictures of Versyi (?) and found some bikes that had a data plate riveted there. Here's one of the pictures:

I guess it's the "ICES" label as noted by invader.

Here's another one: http://www.motorcyclesupermarket.com/images/bikes/images/10111.1339410956.1000sx_norge_versys650_019.jpg

Apparently it's a Canadian Requirement: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf09594.html#a6

ICES-002 paragraph 6.2: A label indicating compliance must accompany each spark-ignited internal combustion engine or any device equipped with this type of engine. The label must be affixed to the apparatus. Where it is not feasible to affix a label to the apparatus because of insufficient space or other constraints, a notice of compliance must be included in the user manual. Suggested text for the notice indicating compliance with this Standard can be found in Annex A.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers guys. I guess that explains the white sticker about the electronic ignition that I pulled from there :eek:

Kawasaki cheaped out and replaced the tally plate with a cheap sticker.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had a plate instead of sticker on mine.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
The only real purpose for those rivet holes, is to weaken and compromise the frame's structural integrity. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts