Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Red Versys with only 700 miles on it and less than a year old.
I REALLY enjoy this bike on the twisties and was considering it for some off road use and started buying more and more farlkles!
I saw a yamaha Super tenere at a ride and really liked it.
I went for a test ride and i was hooked.
My Versys is in 95% new condition and they only offered $5200.00 on a trade in.
If anyone in the New jersey area is looking for a good deal on a beautiful bike, please send me pm.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
In the end, it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it... 2011 Versys with 387 miles is asking $5900, or you can get a new 2011 for $5679. You will get less for it on a trade, but pay the taxes on the difference only. $5200 as traded is reasonable. It does depreciate a lot more in the first year (30-40%), as soon as it's not new anymore.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...I already bought my new bike..so trade in is out.

I had a KTM 450 EXCR which I sold last week
Now I am selling the Versys..and replacing both bikes with the Super Tenere.
I'm getting too old for the technical dirt stuff, but still enjoy gravel fire roads, jeep trails and MUD!
My Wife says she wants to come along some times...and the Versys was not really up to the task. Maybe when we get to the MUD she will tell me "I don't mind if you go alone with your buddies"!
My Versys is an excellent street bike and I really enjoy it. I want to find it a new home. I think I will take some pics and try Cycle Trader.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Put your wife on the V. That's why I got ours, to get her off the back of my connie. I do love her little bike though. The V's a blast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts